PDA

View Full Version : Black Characters throughout Norrath

Faldien
12-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Ive recently setup a server and have been playing with some friends but one guy is having some video problems and I didnt know if anyone could have some suggestions... For some reason all of the players and npcs appear to be completely black.. The zones look fine but characters are entirely black.. He's tried adjusting display settings in the game with no luck, and I suggested checking for new video drivers but I didnt know if anyone might have any suggestions? Thanks!

Tilar
12-14-2009, 07:22 PM
Is it only on your server? Also ask him if it is with any characters on your server or just one specific character.

trevius
12-14-2009, 07:31 PM
Does the problem happen for every NPC and PC in the game, or only for certain zones/NPCs? I know I have seen issues in the past that caused that, which were either due to a problem with the client (maybe some wrong files and need to re-install from the disks), or with fog settings in the zone being too close and blacking everything out. They also might want to make sure their video drivers are up-to-date and maybe try using the /dopropertinting command and zoning for the command to take effect to see if that helps at all.

Faldien
12-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Its client side as far as i am aware, only because only one player is experiencing the problem. And it happens in every zone for him. Ill have him it the ideas a whirl, thanks!