PDA

View Full Version : Secrets Of Faydwer Fix Request

Childscar
12-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Hello Everyone!
Thanks to the developers team for bringing the classic eq experience back and thanks to the great and supportive community of eq players populating the server. I could not ask for a better experience.
However, SOF is not running as well as the Titanium version of eq. Some zones mob models don't work, new characters respawn in Freeport instead of their home zone upon their death, several commands like adding names to friends list etc. don't work. Please don't see this as a complaint. It is only an attempt to voice the issues SOF user are having. I only joined on Dec. 15th with SOF. I am not sure what the best solution is, maybe we all need just get the Titanium version and forget about it. Please share your ideas about the SOF issues.

Derision
12-15-2009, 02:51 PM
several commands like adding names to friends list etc. don't work.

In SoF, the /friend and /ignore commands are handled by the Universal Chat Server (same program that handles Chat Channels (e.g. General, NewPlayers, etc) and in-game mail).

If the server you are playing on is not running the UCS, then SoF clients will be unable to use the /friend and /ignore feature. To find out if your server is running it, type the command ;uptime in-game. If you get a response along the lines of 'UCS has been up for x days', then /friend should work. If you get no response, or the response says 'Chat Server has been up for x days', you are out of luck.

trevius
12-31-2009, 09:45 PM
I moved this post over to general support, because it isn't really a feature request, and all of the topics mentioned are not really issues that can be fixed in the EQEmu code. Derision already mentioned the /friends and /ignore list stuff for SoF, but here are answers about the other issues brought up in this thread:

Some zones mob models don't work

This is not really an issue with SoF. It is an issue with the Client itself not having the proper _chr.txt files for certain zones. This can be fixed for most zones by using the batch file we made here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28026

Each client playing on the server will need to run that to see the appropriate mobs. Also, the server admin can create their own _chr.txt files to distribute that will include the proper models for whatever zone they make them for.

new characters respawn in Freeport instead of their home zone upon their death

This issue is not an issue with SoF, it is an issue with how the server you are playing on is setup. This is all stuff that can be changed on a per-server basis. For example, I have my server set to start all SoF players in Crescent Reach, but you can adjust the rules and have them start in their normal home zones, or whatever.

There are issues that need to be resolved with SoF and the majority of them can be found in these 2 posts:

Secrets of Faydwer - Bug Tracking
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27600

SoF Development Tracking
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27429