PDA

View Full Version : cannot create host path

Falkoz
12-17-2009, 03:43 AM
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

I am typing that in and trying to save the file and it wont let me for some reason.

Telling me to make sure that the path and file name are correct.

I am installing the game on my 2nd computer in order to 2box, windows vista if that matter.

any help is greatly appreciated

Falkoz
12-17-2009, 05:32 AM
was able to get into the administrator and change that. Having problems changing the Target after i created the shortcut now. I am typing it exactly how it reads in the FAQ.

"C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

The C:\Program Files\EverQuest\eqgame.exe specified in the target box is not valid.
make sure the path and file name are correct.

Falkoz
12-17-2009, 11:56 PM
was able to get into the administrator and change that. Having problems changing the Target after i created the shortcut now. I am typing it exactly how it reads in the FAQ.

"C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme

The C:\Program Files\EverQuest\eqgame.exe specified in the target box is not valid.
make sure the path and file name are correct.

Anybody? reinstalled it all again and still getting stuck at this point. Saying the target isnt valid

Falkoz
12-18-2009, 12:21 AM
Tried to run as administrator, still nothing.

blackdragonsdg
12-18-2009, 03:35 AM
Are you sure the file path is correct? Vista & Windows 7 can use both

C:\Program Files\

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\

as install paths but they are different. Installing EQ straight from the discs your file path would look something like:

C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest\

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Everquest\

depending on whether your version of Vista is 32 or 64 bit. The default install path for Titanium and SoF is incorrect on a 64 bit OS as it tries to install both to C:\Program Files\ and EQ is not 64 bit. The incorrect install path during setup can result in some very weird issues as well.

JoeWichorek
12-20-2009, 09:25 PM
I am having the same problem he is having. Trying to find out why the host path save will not work.

bedico
01-20-2010, 02:49 AM
ok so look if u drag the .txt file out of the folder onto ur desktop u will be able to change/save it....(i had same issue but now im stuck at no host error telling me to check my .txt file....and it is in ther correctly....im stumped at this point

Capheus
01-20-2010, 06:42 PM
You will probably be better off reinstalling EQ to C:\Everquest. Windows Vista makes the Program Files directory darn near untouchable and uneditable unless you change ownership properties.