PDA

View Full Version : Need help! EQ wont start!

Xdancp
12-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Hello everyone. I am trying to get EQ to start. When I double click on the shortcut, The screen turns black for about 2 seconds and then back to the desktop, No error message, nothing. It does this over and over. I have followed the directions to a T. I also spent the past 2 hours searching through the forums. I am running a Quad Core AMD, with a radeon 4850 and vista 64 bit. I have tried changing the resolution on my desktop, and in the game properties, I have also tried running as admin and in compatibility mode for all modes. I downloaded all the latest graphic and processor drivers as the FAQ says. Can anyone please help?

trevius
12-21-2009, 02:09 AM
Do you have DirectX9 installed? I doubt that is the problem, but worth checking. I don't think Vista comes with DX9 by default (I think it comes with 10).

I am pretty sure your issue is with the resolution, considering your symptoms. Have you tried setting your desktop resolution to 800X600 just to see if that will work? If you can get it working, you can adjust the resolutions later to set a better resolution. Also, try setting your client to the same resolution. You might also want to try setting it to load into Windowed Mode instead of Full Screen. Another thing you might want to try is using the EQ Configure tool that is in your EQ folder and named something like eqconfig.exe. Run that and set your video card and resolution and such and then try restarting EQ again. Also, make sure to reboot your computer after trying to a few things to see if that helps, because a reboot can cure more things than you might think lol.

Xdancp
12-21-2009, 02:32 AM
Thanks for the response. When I go to properties there is no option for windowed mode and only one option for resolution which is 640 X 480. There is also no eqconfig. I even searched it on my whole system and nothing. Other than that I did try setting the game to 640 X 480, and set my desktop resolution to 800 X 600, which is lowest it will go. So I have no clue

trevius
12-21-2009, 04:04 AM
Oh, also if you do not have enough RAM to load EQ, that same issue will happen. Check to make sure you have enough RAM available. Make sure you reboot your PC and try running EQ before doing anything else, even before opening a browser. You can also check how much RAM you have free by checking the Task Manager. Normally, people don't see this happen unless they are multi-boxing and exceeding the limit that their system can handle. But, if your RAM is low and if you have Luclin models enabled, EQ won't be able to dedicate the 700MBs or so that it needs and will just close out like you have been seeing.

Xalander
12-22-2009, 05:42 AM
Did you find out how to make it work... same thing happening to me. Was working before my harddrive blew. Got my comp back today and EQ isnt working, updated all drivers