PDA

View Full Version : spawning mobs for the players

eski2
12-26-2009, 11:23 AM
I'm trying to set up a sample spawn group of arboreals. I have the npc ids and use #dbspawn 540xxx to create the right type. However, i thought that they'd automatically start wandering like the others in Greater Fay.

Are paths set for every mob or can they just walk randomly?

Is #spawnfix required to save the spawn points?

What would you do to make killing them raise plane of growth faction? I can vaguely understand how to edit the factions but can't wrap my head around what to do for this sort of problem :P

If i was good at graphics, i'd love to make them appear more undead, assuming editing the models they use is even possible.

joligario
12-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Pathing is not automatic. You must spawn it on a grid if you want it to wander.

cavedude
12-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Pathing is not automatic. You must spawn it on a grid if you want it to wander.

We need to change that methinks :) It would be great to be able to tell a NPC to wander, especially in open zones. We have roamboxes, but without having more control over the delay time and distance variables they are pretty limited. I once tried to make them more like grid pauses, but got sidetracked and the code wasn't really going the way I wanted anyway. I'd bug KLS, but she's currently working on a majorly kickass spell overhaul.

ChaosSlayerZ
12-26-2009, 10:43 PM
yes all roamboxes need is just 1 extra variable- such as pause type to make roaming truly random. But otherwise they do wonders

trevius
12-26-2009, 10:59 PM
For some nice tutorials, check these great ones out that GeorgeS was kind enough to write (note some parts use GeorgeS' tools for assistance):

EQEMU NPC Spawning Tutorial:
http://www.georgestools.eqemulator.net/spawning_tut/index.html

Creating NPC's Pathing:
http://www.georgestools.eqemulator.net/spawning_tut/moving_spawns.html

Both of those Tutorials are very useful, especially for people just starting out. I even still reference the pathing one when I do pathing sometimes, because I always have trouble remembering which option is which for creating grids lol.