PDA

View Full Version : Farming gear for a bot

eski2
12-30-2009, 01:05 AM
I was having fun with my bot, now i can equip it, but I was unsure how to select the right zones and mobs for gear. when i played live, it was easy to hunt in the bazaar for the exact gear you needed because you have the filters for class/race/level/etc, but I'm not aware of any way (without paying) to gear up bots as opposed to players, who can do quests and so on.

For one thing, i tried giving a charm item that was droppable to a bot, but it just seemed to eat it and nothing showed up in the bot inventory list. I haven't come across an attunable item dropped from a mob on the original peq db to test so i'm not sure if a bot can use those either. A shame as it would be nice if defiant gear dropped although I suppose it is rather overpowered.

How do other people do it, assuming they bother? Do they just play on servers where they can buy epics etc and hand them to their bots, or where uber gear drops readily because the server devs tweak the db? Do they make the gear?

pfyon
12-30-2009, 01:20 AM
The commands probably changed, but it used to be something like
#bot equip
for the targetted bot to equip the item on your cursor. You can't just give them items like you would an npc.

eski2
12-30-2009, 02:34 AM
Oh yeah, i know how to equip the items and am going through different zones picking up an item here and there. Dulak then Velks has been good for the 50s, and i've used jewelcraft to cover ears and faces, when i haven't gotten any drops for them. But i don't know where to go to get a decent rogue or warrior weapon, for example, without paying for the info. And i assume augments don't drop and can't be made without manual extensions to the basic database?

ChaosSlayerZ
12-30-2009, 02:55 AM
its #bot giveitem

Also from what I know bots CANNOT use augmented items

Bitesys
01-20-2010, 09:01 PM
EQ Allahkazam Clone for the EMU in http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list is what you need, it show item info directly from your database, which mob drop it, which zone, location, spawn timer etc, all you need to do is to farm it