PDA

View Full Version : Not able to Login

Skathix
01-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Cannot Login to my own server, it is stuck at loading please wait, I am using Rev 1052 or 53, I am using Titanium and really need to get this set up so it can be used over a network for my mother and her friends. Please help me, I followed the wiki and am still having these problems. Thank you ahead of time

trevius
01-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Make sure you have the proper port ranges forwarded on your router. The FAQ in my sig might be of some assistance.

pfyon
01-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Any errors in your logs?

jkennedy
01-01-2010, 06:08 PM
make sure you have all your server files when i had my ports wrong it let me log ion just not anyone else

Skathix
01-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Checking all those things, I don't think that my ports have anything to do with it. I think I may know whats wrong, at first, I opened eq.exe or whatever it is and it downloaded the sony launchpad thing, will that mess anything up?

Skathix
01-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Here is something, World.exe keeps crashing, I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate

Skathix
01-01-2010, 06:46 PM
World.exe crashes when I try to connect to it, I am connecting from the same computer it is on, is that A problem?

jkennedy
01-01-2010, 07:39 PM
yes thats a problem go to u logs and show us the log for world.exe

Skathix
01-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Where do I find the log, I see several logs but they all just say

---------------------------------------------
[12.28. - 15:40:19] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_world_4044.log
[12.28. - 15:40:19] Failed to connect to database: Error: #1045: Access denied for user 'eq'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

But it says that as soon as I run it and then it goes through as soon as there is a connection available

jkennedy
01-02-2010, 01:03 PM
hey post your eqemu_config.xml file but put *'s in for ur password

Skathix
01-02-2010, 03:09 PM
<server>
<world>
<shortname>EclArg</shortname>
<longname>Eclipsing Argos</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>test.com</address>
<localaddress>192.168.0.8</localaddress>
<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>192.168.0.8</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>******</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

Skathix
01-02-2010, 03:13 PM
I just want to be able to run my server on the home network.

Skathix
01-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Port=5998
DumpPacketsIn=true
DumpPacketsOut=true
Trace=true
DatabaseServerName=localhost
DatabaseCatalogName=peqlogindb
DatabaseUserName=root
DatabaseUserPassword=******
OPCodePathAndFileName=login_opcodes.conf

Theres my eqemulogin.cfg

jkennedy
01-02-2010, 03:36 PM
ok for the host at the buttom for database make it Localhost like this
<host>localhost</host>

try that and let me know thats only real thing i see atm

jkennedy
01-02-2010, 03:38 PM
<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>justnameit</shortname>
<longname>justname it</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>127.0.0.1</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>
<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>eqemulator.net</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>some long random string</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>***</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

copy that to ur eqemuconfig and jsut change the password and server name and give ethat a try let me know

Skathix
01-02-2010, 04:46 PM
ok yeah that didn't work either, as soon as I tried to connect, my World.exe stopped working. It also stopped working when I tried to connect from another computer on my network.

trevius
01-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Where do I find the log, I see several logs but they all just say

---------------------------------------------
[12.28. - 15:40:19] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_world_4044.log
[12.28. - 15:40:19] Failed to connect to database: Error: #1045: Access denied for user 'eq'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

But it says that as soon as I run it and then it goes through as soon as there is a connection available

Your server will never work until you get this problem resolved. It should be killing the world.exe when this error occurs. You need to make sure you have your database login info setup properly. Have you created an account for "eq", which is the username you are trying to use in the config? If not, you need to create one with the appropriate rights to connect to your database.

You can test the connection pretty easily by trying to connect to MySQL with that login information. At your command prompt, just type:

mysql -u eq -p

Then hit enter and put in your password when prompted. If you can't log in that way, then your server isn't going to be able to log in with that same info. You can also test by putting your mysql root login info into your config and see if that helps. It is not recommended to permanently run with your server connecting as root, but it doesn't hurt just to test it out. If that does work, then you just need to make a new account in mysql for the eq username.

Skathix
01-03-2010, 01:09 AM
How do you make an account in Mysql? I am using Navicat to edit my database.

trevius
01-03-2010, 03:08 AM
The directions here should work for you to create a new account:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=DebianLinuxServer#MySQLRemoteAccou nt

Skathix
01-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Ok well that got rid of that error, however the World.exe still stops working. It stops working (or crashes) when it recieves a connection from any computer, it stopped when I tried it from the computer it is running on, and also from a computer that it is not running on

Skathix
01-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Still having this problem, please help!

Capheus
01-09-2010, 01:43 PM
I think this is possibly something windows update related.....???? I was using minilogin with version 1008 fine a month ago. I now get the crashes as well. I'm not sure at exactly what day the problem started; its been awhile since I loaded up EQ.

The last line I see in World.exe is:

[WORLD__INIT] Zone (TCP) listener started.

It crashes at that point. The next line should be:

[WORLD__INIT] Client (UDP) listener started.

It is crashing out at one or the other. I downloaded version 1052 and I am getting the same crashes. My best guess is something Windows Vista Update related, that is the only thing that has changed on my computer in the last four months. I'm gonna try and unistall some to see if it lets me, with any luck I'll find it.

Capheus
01-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Well that was quick. On 12/28 Windows Update installed a "Security Update for CAPICOM"

I uninstalled it and rebooted. Everything works fine for me now. Hopefully this will fix other's problems as well. You can uninstall this update by going to the Windows Update icon in the control panel.

Skathix
01-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Cool, I'll run that tonight Thanks A lot!

Capheus
01-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Ok so maybe that wasn't completely it. After a restart, I ran into the same problem again. At this point I started shutting down other programs.

It looks like my Logitech Webcam software that loads up in the system tray was causing the crashing. I was able to repeat the problem six times with the Logitech software loaded and unloaded with restarts. I'm pretty sure I got it right this time after the reps, but with Vista, hell ya never know.

Using msconfig, unchecking the Logitech applications in the startup tab was my choice. Right clicking and exiting the programs from the system tray works too.

Skathix
01-12-2010, 01:56 AM
Yeah, thanks for the update, the other wasn't working for me either and I was getting out of sorts if you will. Fortunately, I am no novice to computers, just servers lol. Ok I will check all processes that cause this error and get back to you tomorrow morning... Although, it is odd that some software would conflict with this program like that... I mean, I don't doubt it, but that is only because I have seen a car die because the back tail light was out, and then a new one be put in and it works like a charm... You watch something like that, and it's like... Great, my life could be screwed by anything... LOL!

Skathix
01-14-2010, 01:23 AM
Well I got it working, sorry for all those with similar problems but I will say this, if you followed the guide on the forums and it isn't working for you, go to the wiki! Here is the link, http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ws1129r222.

Another thing, if you are running this on a LAN, and you follow this guide, you have to go to all the pcs on the LAN and add your dns to the host list i.e. 192.168.0.8 eqs.starsky.net found that out the hard way, but aside from that, the guide is great!