PDA

View Full Version : items and the peq db

eski2
01-03-2010, 05:24 AM
I've noticed some items are invalid when i was testing out a spreadsheet to weight the value of an item. For example
Name id aagi ac
Trexxt the White 38557 35 300

This is the highest ac item i can find, and i was trying to see if AC was about equal to the value of a stat, about twice as much (my opinion) or more.

But #si 38557 gives you something weird, and looking through the rows and columns of the items table i can't see why... i thought at first it must be to do with the NULL values in 'serialized' but they are everywhere. #si 51206 makes 1 lb. Cragbeast Meat as expected and i can't see anything in particular to indicate why this item is ok and the other one isn't.

Can anyone help me with this one?

trevius
01-03-2010, 05:44 AM
If you look that item up on 13th floor, where PEQ gets their items from you get this:

http://eqitems.13th-floor.org/item.php?id=38557

Looks like a normal item to me, but keep in mind that this item is clearly not a Titanium item, it is post-titanium. So, the Titanium client wasn't built to use that item yet, and probably doesn't have the Icon to display it and won't display the other stats either.

If you want to use that item, you would either need to adjust it where needed so it works with Titanium clients, or upgrade and use the SoF client instead which can support almost all items in the Database without having to edit them.

eski2
01-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Well, that is good news as it means that the db is right for the server type (SoF enabled) and it's just a matter of waiting on my client DVD to upgrade from titanium.

Assuming i do get this all sorted, is there a way to post the file to see what others think or even if they might find it useful too? I suppose if I knew enough SQL I could just post that but i suspect it would be a while before i could grasp it enough to illustrate what's easy enough to do with a spreadsheet.

eski2
01-03-2010, 08:04 AM
p.s. when i type this type of query up in Support::Windows Servers i get a message telling me i've posted in the wrong forum again, the thread get's closed, and the message moved into Development::Database/World Building
so it's kind of funny that the reverse happens as well. I've even tried pming to find out why my questions about designing my own server get shifted about; no answer.

I suspect everyone's got their internal model of what goes where and just assumes that newbies are clueless.

eski2
01-03-2010, 08:06 AM
e.g. http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30206

mastajon
01-03-2010, 03:17 PM
im wondering how do you upgrade your database to sof? Just want to get this clear, if the server has sof enabled, they can support almost all items up SoF, right?