PDA

View Full Version : Running on Vista (Please Help)

twistedr33
01-14-2010, 01:06 AM
Hey all, I am new to this Emulator stuff. I am having a little trouble getting the server to load. I am running on a fresh titanium. I installed it, didn't patch like it told me. Had a few problems trying to replace the eqhost but i think i finally got it after the errors. I created the shortcut to eqgame...but nothing comes up but a box that says (Please run EverQuest.exe)

Anyone running into that same problem?

Please let me know

Thanks

blackdragonsdg
01-14-2010, 04:58 AM
Just creating the shortcut doesn't work....you have to alter the shortcut properties. The target line should look something like this:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

Not being able to alter the eqhost.txt file is either lack of administrative privileges, UAC is blocking it or user access rights to that folder is screwed up. Most of the time it will be one of the first two things I listed.

twistedr33
01-14-2010, 05:19 PM
so i go in the actual directory and change the line to actually that?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme ?

how would i change the administrative privilages or UAC?

Thanks for the response By the way

joligario
01-14-2010, 05:29 PM
No, you can change your shortcut in your start folder or on your desktop to be that. You don't need to change the UAC. Best thing to do is right click your notepad in the start menu and run as administrator. Then click file -> open and navigate to your eqhost file. You will have to change from text files to all files on the open file dialogue.

blackdragonsdg
01-14-2010, 05:35 PM
If you already created a shortcut to eqgame.exe then change the shortcut properties by adding patchme to the end of the target line. Make sure there is a single space in front of the patchme.

Unless it is a real problem then you do not need to change the Administrative Privileges or UAC settings. I was just telling you what the common causes of the "access is denied" error when attempting to alter the eqhost.txt file.

twistedr33
01-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Ok, let me try these things and see what happens