PDA

View Full Version : Changing Start Races?

Jeido
01-25-2010, 01:42 AM
I've been wanting to try a server concept, and for it to work I would need to be able to change start races ID's. Is it possible to make it so that if you, say, select troll warrior, you'd actually start as an orc warrior? I've done some looking around in the DB and haven't had any luck, but I remember a long time ago when EQ live's test server had monster play enabled... hopefully someone has some good news for me =p

sorry if this is the wrong forum, feel free to move it if so!

trevius
01-25-2010, 03:26 AM
If your permanent race was something other than a normal player race, you wouldn't be able to use any gear, since it isn't made for other races. You force illusions on people if you wanted to simulate other races.

Live had the old project M for a really short time and I remember testing it out a bit. I think that is what you are speaking of. Both that and shrouding have already been discussed a few times on these forums here and there. Unfortunately nothing has really been put in place to get any of those possible features working yet.

For now, the short answer to your question is just "no".

Jeido
01-25-2010, 01:20 PM
ok thanks for the response!

jkennedy
01-25-2010, 02:51 PM
could you make a really long illusion spell that doesnt fade on death and make a npc that does a cast upon entering the zone so you pop in and bame ur an orc and its a perm spell so like if race troll selfcast w/e just a thought