PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - No Expansions Found

jumblebum
01-25-2010, 09:02 PM
Okay, I played with this over the weekend and was able to get the server up. I configured the server on a spare laptop i had lying around. I download all the latest code and followed all the instructions. On my client machine, I changed the eqhost file to specify my server address and successfully connected to the login screen and can see my server listed. My problem is that the login screen shows "0 of 0 expansions" in the marquee and it won't let me login. If I change the eqhost file back to specify eqemulator.net, all the expansions are recognized and it works fine.

What could I be missing?

Also, I couldn't find any info on setting up and controlling character acct's...(ex. how to make a character a GM). This is of course once I can successfully login. :)

jkennedy
01-25-2010, 10:07 PM
download navicat to controll all aspects of your server very good program and the expansions when i use sof it tells me 0 of 0 also but works fine

jumblebum
01-30-2010, 03:36 PM
Okay, so it still shows "You own 0 of 0 expansion" at the server select screen. My server IS listed. When I attempt to connect to my server I get the following error:
Error 1017: Cannot login to the EverQuest server. You may need to re-run the Update Patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a lost of connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually temporary.

I assume my client is fine because when I change my eqhost file back to host=eqemulator.net:5998...everything works fine. I just can't connect my server.

Any suggestions?????

Jexl
02-02-2010, 03:12 PM
I am also experiencing this problem.

trevius
02-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Showing 0 out of 0 expansions owned is just a bug with SoF, but it doesn't actually cause any problems. That just means that our LS code doesn't understand expansions owned properly, but it will still work fine as long as everything else is setup correctly. Just like how Titanium shows something like 25 out of 25 expansions owned, even though there are no where near 25 total expansions even on Live :P

Most likely, your issue is with your private LS or server config. Even though the server shows up on the list, it might not be configured properly to send you to the correct IP for the server. I had a similar issue when I first set my test server up for minilogin. I believe I was able to resolve it by adjusting my server config file to point at the correct IP. Maybe if you post your config file (make sure to remove password info from it), someone can point you in the right direction.

jumblebum
02-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Hmmm...I am using Titanium and getting the 0 of 0 expansions. I can't get past this "Error 1017: Cannot login to the EverQuest server. You may need to re-run the Update Patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually temporary."

I am using the eqemuloginserver.exe which works playing on the same computer as the server, but it doesn't work across the LAN. On the client computer the eqhost file is configured: Host=10.117.40.21:5998. Both firewalls are turned off.

Here are my server configurations:

eqemu_config
<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>Underworld</shortname>
<longname>Underworld</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>127.0.0.1</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>10.117.40.21</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>sharedkey</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. -->
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. -->
<database>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>xxxxxxxxxx</password>
<db>PEQ</db>
</database>
</server>

eqemulogin
Port=5998
DumpPacketsIn=true
DumpPacketsOut=true
Trace=true
DatabaseServerName=127.0.0.1
DatabaseCatalogName=PEQLoginDB
DatabaseUserName=root
DatabaseUserPassword=xxxxxxxxxx
OPCodePathAndFileName=login_opcodes.conf
AllowUnregistered=true

Any help is appreciated.

pfyon
02-03-2010, 09:16 AM
<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. -->
<address>127.0.0.1</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

Pretty sure address should be your external IP or hostname and localaddress your LAN IP.

pepsiphreak79
12-04-2011, 12:19 AM
I am getting 0 of 0 expansions as well and it doesnt appear to be a bug

ive set my variable to

Expansions

All Expansions combined = 16383

But when i try to access drakken char or any other content it sais i dont own expansion

Secrets
12-04-2011, 06:03 AM
I am getting 0 of 0 expansions as well and it doesnt appear to be a bug

ive set my variable to

Expansions

All Expansions combined = 16383

But when i try to access drakken char or any other content it sais i dont own expansion

Expansions were moved to the rule_values table. Change the rule for expansions, not the variable table entry.

pepsiphreak79
12-04-2011, 06:48 AM
im using that ax repack cause setting up and keeping p with it the other way is kinda hard since i cant really pregram much i did updatemy world and zone files but the DB update doesnt include a rule for the expansions in rules table can you copy yours to sql and paist it here so i can see if that fixes mine

pepsiphreak79
12-04-2011, 07:16 AM
found a rule for it but

[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to find rule 'World:ExpansionSettings'
[Debug] [RULES__ERROR] Unable to interpret rule record for World:ExpansionSettings

so it looks like the repacker may be usin way outdated stuff :( even though it said they are using newest release lol

I dont understand the compiling stuff anyone have the files needed to upgrade my repack to a fully functional server?

I am sure i can use the portable sql and pearl that came with there repack and just reconfigure a few things to fit with new peq soft or is there an alt to peq now?