PDA

View Full Version : SoF/Titanium Models & LDoN

Shiny151
01-30-2010, 04:04 PM
My friends and I put together a noob LDoN Adventure last night on my private server (using PEQ and latest compiled binaries). We did a collect run in the Asylum zone and I noticed something with one npc model; my son uses the SoF client and I use Titanium. The werewolves were human models in SoF while they were the correct model in Titanium.

I would have thought this would have been the exact opposite. Is this fixable for SoF users on my server? What would I need to do to fix this?

Thanks!

blackdragonsdg
01-30-2010, 04:45 PM
A simple fix would be to modify your GlobalLoad.txt located in the Everquest\Resources folder. Doing so will enable most NPC models to be displayed no matter what zone you are in. When you initially load everquest it will load slower but it should fix the npc model problem.

The following thread talks more about this change: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25003&highlight=Global+Load

As an alternative I think it is possible to mod the zone file itself by adding the correct line to it so it loads the titanium version of the werewolves.

trevius
01-31-2010, 08:13 AM
If you copy the zone_chr.txt file (with "zone" being the short name of the zone you are wanting to use, e.g. mmcc_chr.txt), from your Titanium install folder to the SoF install folder, it will show up properly once EQ is restarted. Then, for your players, you would just need to share the Titanium zone_chr.txt file in question. It is odd that they removed some models from the zone _chr files like that, but there are definitely a good number of cases where the 2 clients don't match up. Personally, I just took all of the _chr.txt files from Titanium and combined them with the _chr.txt files from EQLive and made a zip file. That way, I can unzip that file into an SoF folder and match perfectly with Titanium as well as having the proper NPCs in each zone as Live would for SoF zones.

Shiny151
02-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. So Trev, with your method, does that mean you're actually overwriting files within SoF then? This wouldn't disable some models in SoF that didn't exist in Titanium?

trevius
02-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Since you are only overwriting SoF files with Titanium files for zones that are from Titanium only, it will just make them both match. From what I can tell, they have only removed models from the _chr.txt files for Titanium zones, not added any. Either way, it will make sure that the models show up correctly on both clients.