PDA

View Full Version : qglobals

jkennedy
02-01-2010, 12:15 AM
can you use a qglobals as a zone flag and put the qglobal name under the zone flag id

Akkadius
02-01-2010, 02:09 AM
I do not know for sure if you're able to use it under the table, chances are no because its not the proper way to call that table. But you can definately use Qglobals to restrict access to a zone.

For example:

Zone : templeveeshan (some random raid zone)
Player.pl

sub EVENT_ENTERZONE
{
if ($qglobals{GTFO} == 1)
{
quest::movepc(ZONE,X,Y,Z,H);
$client->Message(15, "Denied!");
}
}

Although it depends on how you want to execute that, it's a safe way to double up on the anti-MQ hacks. You could do it many different ways.

And you didn't really inquire on any other type of information on what you were trying to do so I just shot that out.

jkennedy
02-01-2010, 08:21 AM
im making custom raid zones that are going to have a npc port you to the zone npc checks the qglobal before he ports you but i also wanna make it so that the you cant just run to the zone and zone in also

jkennedy
02-01-2010, 12:37 PM
so the thing u posted id put in the templeveeshan folder under player.pl and what it does is check to see if they have qglobal GTFO and if they dont it boots them bac kto whatever zone i put in correct>?

Akkadius
02-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Yes, you can also do a proximity type quest that can surround the zone in that will do an if check as well. I just used Temple of Veeshan for an example, same with the Qglobal that was just an example as well. But if you create a proximity quest that triggers within enter in place of the zone in without wiping the natural zone line it can do the same thing without having someone zone in without getting rejected as well. The player.pl is just the most foolproof way other than the actual zone flag column.

jkennedy
02-01-2010, 02:40 PM
and that worked amazing thanks a ton

Akkadius
02-01-2010, 02:41 PM
No problem, glad it helped.