PDA

View Full Version : Problem with rules values?

Traul
02-06-2010, 06:26 PM
I was excited to see the new rule for RestRegen, and I set in my database RestRegenPercent to 10 and time to activate to 1 second. Problem was, it didn't work.

So I tried setting it manually in the server with #rules setdb Character:RestRegenPercent 10 and such, and voila it worked. But when I zone it sets it back to the default of 0. So the rule itself works, but it's not saving to the database, correct? What could be causing this? For the record, setting the ManaRegenMultiplier rule in the database works just fine, it seems some rules save and some don't.

Another thing I noticed is if I do #rules list Character or whatever, the list isn't quite the same as the list in my database. For example, Character:RestRegenPercent shows up with the #rules command as well as in the database, but there's also a Character:RestRegenPercentable that only shows up in my database.

trevius
02-07-2010, 04:55 AM
Rules value changes can be tested by changing them in the rule_values table and then doing a #rules reload. But, that will only reload the rules for the zone you are currently in. For it to take effect for your whole server, you have to restart the server.