PDA

View Full Version : EQEmuLoginServer.exe - Application Error

Entamental
02-17-2010, 02:09 AM
Followed the guide on:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29043

by the word. Now, when I start up the startup.bat, I get:
"EQEmuLoginServer.exe - Application Error:
The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b). Click OK to close the application."

Everything else works fine, just errors on the login server, and then I get a ton of:
"Could not connect to login server: TCPConnection::Connect(): connect() failed. Error: 10061"

My eqemu_config.xml:

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>twinkiefactory</shortname>
<longname>twinkiefactory</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. (read: You don't) -->
<address>127.0.0.1</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. Defaults shown -->
<loginserver>
<host>192.168.1.47</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>
<!-- Sets the ip/port for the tcp connections. Both zones and console (if enabled). Defaults are shown -->
<tcp ip="localhost" port="9000" telnet="disable"/>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>kiw9083wdfgesiwud</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service. Defaults are shown -->
<http port="9080" enabled="false" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>eq</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

my eqemulogin:

Port=5998
DumpPacketsIn=true
DumpPacketsOut=true
Trace=true
DatabaseServerName=localhost
DatabaseCatalogName=PEQLoginDB
DatabaseUserName=root
DatabaseUserPassword=eq
OPCodePathAndFileName=login_opcodes.conf
AllowUnregistered=true

my startup.bat

@echo off
start EQEmuLoginServer.exe
pause
start world
echo waiting for the world to finish before starting zone...
pause
start eqlaunch zone

Shiny151
02-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Try inputting your real world IP in both spots here:

<address>127.0.0.1</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

And using 127.0.0.1 here:

<!-- Loginserver information. Defaults shown -->
<loginserver>
<host>192.168.1.47</host>

This is the way my server is setup and it accepts local and external clients just fine.

Entamental
02-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Nope, still gave me the error, and "could not connect to login server".

It seems that the reason it cannot connect is because EQEmuLoginServer.exe keeps fatal erroring out when I start up the startup.bat.

So the problem lies in why EQEmuLoginServer.exe is crashing.

If you were to download the exe, and try to open it immediately, that's the crash message that I'm getting, but the files you're supposed to copy over from the trunk I copied over.

Shiny151
02-18-2010, 11:31 AM
So almost as if it's not seeing the zone and world files. Could there possibly be any permissions issues on the files?

Malignus Wingnut
02-18-2010, 10:16 PM
What the heck is EQEmuLoginServer? Is that a newer version of minilogin?

Shiny151
02-19-2010, 10:29 AM
What the heck is EQEmuLoginServer? Is that a newer version of minilogin?

Sorta; it can be downloaded here:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list

voxel
02-21-2010, 05:15 PM
Followed the guide on:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29043

by the word. Now, when I start up the startup.bat, I get:
The application was unable to start correctly (0x000007b). Click OK to close the application."

Did you install the 64bit version of ActivePerl instead of the 32bit version referenced in the install guide? I just did that and had the problem you described. Switching to the 32bit version fixed the issue.

Hope you feel special, I signed up to the forum just to tell you that

Entamental
02-24-2010, 01:27 AM
Haha yeah, I feel special. I installed the 64bit, then tried by installing the 32bit. I'll try uninstalling activeperl and doing that again, maybe it didn't overwrite.

Entamental
02-24-2010, 01:41 AM
No change, still getting the error after complete uninstall/reinstall of Win32-x86 (it was either that or the 64-bit x64).

Entamental
03-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Anyone have any ideas?

osirous
05-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Im getting the same error from eqemuloginserver.exe was well and I have the 32bit version of perl as well. Does anyone have any new information on this issue?

Edit: I also tried changing the compatibility to all the different xp versions, also made sure that it was running as admin. I have windows 7 x64.

Zenthious
05-22-2010, 03:44 PM
I also had this issue following the wiki and guide on the boards. I noticed that the server binary was much newer than the eqemulogin binary that was posted for download. So, I attempted to compile the eqemuloginserver from the svn source I downloaded, in hopes that it was a newer version. I downloaded visual c++ 2010 free version from microsoft, loaded the code, and attempted to build and it told me it needed zlib.h and mysql.h. I found the mysql includes and added that to my includes path in the project. Then I dowloaded zlib and added those includes to the path. After that it went further through the build, but then gave me and error about missing zlib.lib. This is where I'm stuck at the moment.

KLS
05-23-2010, 04:29 AM
It has the same dependencies sans perl as world. I'll build a new version and post it soon that one up there I'm not sure how old is it.

nosfentora
05-24-2010, 01:28 PM
I just built it from Rev 1497 on win 7 x64, with 32 bit perl installed and am getting the same error. The .exe, .conf, .ini and .dll files are all copied to the same folder that eqemu is running from.

It's the same machine i build eqemu on and that build runs fine.

I have tried Debug, Release, Unicode Debug and Unicode Release and they all give the same error.

I'm not a c++ person, o/w i'd throw some debugging code in there to try and figure it out.

nosfentora
05-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Also, using the following file

login.ini

other than the db name, login & pass, the only thing i changed was the local_network setting, from 192.168.1. to 192.168.0. as my network uses the 192.168.0. ip addresses.

Everything else, I left as is.

I did have a question if that should be left without the ending octet, or if it should be completed to the servers local ip?

[database]
host = localhost
port = 3306
db = ***
user = ***
password = ***
subsystem = MySQL

[options]
unregistered_allowed = TRUE
reject_duplicate_servers = FALSE
trace = TRUE
world_trace = FALSE
dump_packets_in = FALSE
dump_packets_out = FALSE
listen_port = 5998
local_network = 192.168.0.

[security]
plugin = EQEmuAuthCrypto
mode = 5

[Titanium]
port = 5998
opcodes = login_opcodes.conf

[SoD]
port = 5999
opcodes = login_opcodes_sod.conf

[schema]
account_table = tblLoginServerAccounts
world_registration_table = tblWorldServerRegistration
world_admin_registration_table = tblServerAdminRegistration
world_server_type_table = tblServerListType

nosfentora
05-26-2010, 02:41 PM
I just ran the same compiled version on a Server 2003 32 bit machine and it ran without issues. could this be an x64 issue?

nosfentora
05-26-2010, 02:48 PM
It seems to be a problem with not being able to find LibMySQL.dll
i ran it on another win 7 x64 machine and it said it couldn't find LibMySQL.dll.

I copied libmysql.dll to the same folder as eqemuloginserver.exe and it runs fine on the original Win7 x64 that was giving me problems.

Why one win7 install said it couldn't find it, and the other gave a cryptic error, i have no idea.

Edit: Apparently the 64 bit install of MySQL is the problem. Using the LibMySQL.dll from the 32 bit version works, the 64 bit version does *not*