PDA

View Full Version : Perl scripts being used from other zone's directories?

Irreverent
03-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Ok, I've been having several PERL issues.

Background, I always use the most up-to-date binary from the site. With that, it sometimes requires perl 5.10 or 5.8. (I guess depending on who did it) so I have both versions ready to uninstall/reinstall depending on who did it. (I do an uninstall AND remove the /Perl directory)

Issues:
1) I do a change to a perl script, run #reloadquest and it works no problem. BUT if everyone leaves the zone and it boots back up later it uses the old quest script instead. (until I do #reloadquest) and it works fine...but cycles back to the old like its being "cached" somewhere

2) Anytime I do #reloadquest I /usually/ go linkdead

3) Scripts are now being used in any zone. I have noticed Marl Kastane, who is SK epic person, will use its script in kerra from CoM, or other way around. Also, I had a special script for a mob(due to an event) for the arena, but now that script is being ran in its real zone(which also has its own Perl script)....so its like the zones are NOT properly utilizing file/folder structures for exlusivitiy.

Only changes I did do was the typical perl 5.8/5.10 between the last version...as well as I did install tortiseSVN. Not sure if either of these contributed to this new problem. But, I am willing to use anything to identify/fix. (Will do a full server-reload if needed)

trevius
03-09-2010, 06:34 PM
There is an issue where if you have the same NPC in multiple zones or NPCs with the same name in multiple zones, it can sometimes load the quest script from another folder of an NPC with the same name. One way to prevent it is to name your script files after the NPC ID and not spawn the same NPC ID in multiple zones. Or, you can add a # in front of one of the same name NPCs and add that to the script for that NPC as well, which should keep it from loading the other one with the same name that doesn't have the #.

Irreverent
03-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Oh, yikes. Was hoping it wouldn't be that bad. Well, guess I know how to fix Marl Kastane...but for my arena..might be way too much work. sigh..