PDA

View Full Version : moved server, keep character info

WilLes
03-26-2010, 08:02 PM
I built a dedicated box for my server and I got eqemu up and running. My question is, is there a way to transfer the character information over to the new server? I figured this would be fairly common but I tried searching but i couldn't find the answer if I over looked it i apologize.

ChaosSlayerZ
03-26-2010, 09:13 PM
back up the characters table and restore them to the new DB.

or back up/restore entire DB

GeorgeS
03-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Yes, as mentioned above,
character, factions, inventory, account tables are the main ones

GeorgeS

WilLes
03-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Ok for the most part this worked. I went ahead and imported the whole DB into the new server. The only issue I have is when I import the character_.sql I get an sql error (1231) variable character_set_client cant be set to the value of null. It imports some of the character but it looks as if it missing the 30 or so characters. Any Ideas on what would cause this? Also I used heidisql to do the backup and import. Thanks!

I also just tried running the import from mysql cmd line and everything seems to go ok but Im still missing the first 30 or so characters.

GeorgeS
03-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Your new character restore uses a null field where in your character table does not allow a null field. Replace the nulls in the character restore sql to something like '0' and see if that works. Most of the time you should save the table schema along with data, so it will restore the same way.

GeorgeS