PDA

View Full Version : Hit-points Mis-reporting in SoD Client

Linophryne
04-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I am a skinny 45 Mage with junk gear but some how my Total hit points currently say I have 1394 hit-points; with no buffs. Sweet!!, .. not really. my hit points will not regen past 769. I have zoned, I have camped and took off all my gear, put it back on but it still says I have more hit-points than I really truly do.

I heard about the client doing this and I thought it had been fixed. I know that a few days back when you get a good buff or 2 it would do the same thing stating you had more max hit-points than you really did, zoning would fix...

weird

trevius
04-03-2010, 08:13 PM
This is a known issue with the SoD client and is already noted here:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30909

It isn't really a bug, since the client just uses different formulas from what the old clients (and EQEmu server) use. It also isn't really game breaking, since the HPs it fills you up to are the exact HPs the server uses, so it all still works correctly. It is basically just a display issue, in that you see higher max HP/Mana/End and your HP bar never fills up to 100%.

I am working to identify the new formulas for calculating these stats, but given that we have 16 Races and Classes, it may take a while before I have them all figured out. Once we know the formulas, we can trick the client into displaying the correct amount, or we can set the server to use the new formulas and trick the old clients to use the new amounts.

It is definitely a bit annoying, but not really game breaking, which is good. Hopefully we can get it resolved before too long.

Also, when you find bugs with the SoD client, please reply to the following thread with the bug info instead of creating a new thread:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30908

Linophryne
04-03-2010, 09:12 PM
Thank you for the reply, I understand what you are saying, going forward I will submit bugs as per your link.

Thank You