PDA

View Full Version : Server Address

sf411
04-03-2010, 09:31 PM
So should I use the one in the sticky guide above (<address>server.dyndns.org</address>) or something else?

trevius
04-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Are you wanting to run a private server that only you connect to and maybe some close friends? Or are you wanting to run a server that anyone can connect to from the Public Login Server where most of the other servers are?

Either way, you don't want to use the exact line you quoted there. You would either need to use your WAN address or create a dyndns account and use that url. If you are wanting to run a public server, you don't want to set anything in those fields and instead want to leave them commented out.

sf411
04-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Just me and a couple of friends thats about it.

EDIT: Also I keep getting stuck at the "Starting main loop..." part of load, and of course I get the 10061 error before that. I setup my own dyndns or whatever its called host.

sf411
04-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Ok since the edit button is missing.... I found out that it cannot connect to MySQL for whatever reason, I am pretty sure I put in the right info.

EDIT 2: Ok I got it working for the most part now, now it cant seem to connect to the login server. I think all the world/zone/etc stuff is up and running just the game wont connect to the login server.