PDA

View Full Version : Disconnects via WAN

jumblebum
04-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Okay...I've got the server up and fully running - works great. I can connect via LAN, but not WAN. When I try to connect to my home server from work, I can:
1) Login to loginserver --> Okay
2) Select server and click Play Everquest --> Okay
2) Create new character at character screen --> Okay
3) Select character and click Enter World --> sits for about 20 seconds then "The server is not responding"..."You have been disconnected"

From work I can connect to eqemulator.net:5998 just fine (so no ports blocked there) but cannot connect to my home server. I have all the ports on my router forwarding to the server. I actually have the eqhost on my LAN client pointing to my external IP and it runs fine.

When I check the log files, everything looks fine...zone tutorialb loads but I get disconnected. I try another character I played at home but get disconnected at work.

Any ideas?

Ciraith
12-05-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm having the same problem. What is probably happening if your setup is anything like mine is that the World.exe is sending the wrong IP for the Zone.exe to the client.

The only way around this that I have though of so far is to have your server setup in a DMZ with a public IP address on the server. I did not have any luck configuring a domain name for the zone or launcher in the eqemu_config file.