PDA

View Full Version : Zones not loading

mixxit
04-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi can anyone help with this? For some reason zones don't appear to load when I try to #zone to them. I see the command being seen on the console but some reason nothing happens.

I added a new zone called 'high2' which was a copy of freportw with the file_name as 'freportw' but no command comes back to me. The zoneidnumber i gave it was 1000 which was not in use.

0.8 server, titanium client

Cheers

ChaosSlayerZ
04-17-2010, 09:24 PM
you can't just add a new zone to EQ - its not possible, unless you also hacked the client somehow, in which case, you on your own =)

does #zone works for normal zones?

Caryatis
04-18-2010, 12:58 AM
While I have never personally added a new zone so not sure how possible it is, I do know its going to be alot more involved than just copying a zone, renaming it and giving it a new ID. Not sure if recoding the client would be needed but it would require client side files as well as a raft of server side changes.

That said, you don't give nearly enough information to solve your problem.

mixxit
04-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Well basically I want to have another copy of a zone elsewhere and use it. I can #zone to any normal zone fine but I can't when I make use of the file_name field on a new zone. I followed various guides to do this which stated all I needed to do was create a new zone short_name and use an unusued ID and I would be good to go but it's like the client doesn't know where the new zone is.

I even tried using an existing zone like Nexus and changing the file_name to freportw (i also tried freportw.s3d) to no avail.

It's like the file_name field is not used at all!

ChaosSlayerZ
04-18-2010, 02:45 PM
that just it- the Client (the .exe file) has all the zone names and their ids hard-codded into it. So if you try to change anything in Db or file names to be any different to what .exe knows- it won't work.