PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Login Screen Resolution crashes

thx07781
04-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Hey Everyone,
I originally started using the SoF discs for EQ. I was hving some bug issues with it so I picked up a copy of Titanium.

The problem I am having is this-

When I click on my shortcut to EQgame.exe my I get a smaller black window that pops up and then it crashes back to desktop with a eqgame.exe error window. This is with my screen resolution being at 1680x1050.

Now if I set my screen resolution to 1280x960 EQ will load up and I can now get into game. Once I am in game I set my display properties to 1680x1050. I use fullscreen mode, I can't stand windowed mode. If I camp out, it returns the resolution to 1280x960 for the server select screen and I exit out of the game. Now the wierd part is when I set my screen resolution back to 1680x960 and try to load EQ again eqgame.exe crashes. On another note I have found that if I keep EQ in windowed mode for the entire process from start to finish, it doesnt matter what my main screen resolution is in. So basically I have to remember to switch back to windowed mode before camping out.

I either have to keep it in windowed mode or I have to set my screen resolution back to 1280x960 to get eqgame.exe not to crash.

I don't have any of these problems with SoF. When I run SoF version it will force the intro/login screens to go 1680x1050 resolution while maintaining fullscreen mode.

Ive looked through every single .ini file and can't seem to make heads or tails of why SoF works fine but Titanium gives me problems.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Ginweil

thx07781
04-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Well after scouring the boards, I was able to find a temporary solution.

I had to reinstall titanium, set my screen resolution to one of the default resolutions-I chose 1280x960. I then logged in and set my resolution in EQ to the one I desired. After that I logged and quit the game. Once I was out I changed my desktop resolution back to what it was and after that I modified the properties of the eqgame.exe shortcut so that it runs the .exe in 640x480. Now when I start the executable it switches my resolution to 640x480 and stays full screen until I get passed the server select screen. At which time the game switches back to my desired resolution and stays full screen. Also once I am in game, if I alt out of EQ my desktop resolution has automatically been set to my desired resolution.

So far its been working fine...just kind of a pita to initally setup but once I did it everything was fine. I still hate the fact that when I alt out and come back to EQ that the client stays windowed, but alt+enter has been working fine for me so I can live with that.

Hopefully we can get SoF to work down the road without as many bugs, it truly is a better expansion pack since they have made much more user/computer friendly .ini files and display settings.

Thanks for all you that at least took the time to read this and for not hammering me about searching the boards. Sometimes I forget about all these wonderful resources that the board has to offer.

Ginweil