PDA

View Full Version : EQEmuLauncher V0.5 -- first release

Zordana
05-01-2010, 05:35 PM
he first version of EQEmuLauncher has been released.

Download here:
http://moestaverne.com/module/projects/EQEmuLauncher

Features:
- Get Serverlist (from eqemulator.com)
- Watch Server Status of as many servers on the list as you want and get a speech warning if prefered
- Start the EQ-Client (You can either set a Link (*.lnk) or the eqgame.exe)
- Patching eqhost.txt

Upcomming Features:
- Get newest updates on serverfiles (spell_us.txt, map-files, etc)
- Patching to certain server-only files whenever you need (if you play on different servers)

http://moestaverne.com/screenshot2.jpg

RichardoX
05-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Very nice I must say. We should collaborate.. I could sexify your UI there.

trevius
05-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Very nice I must say. We should collaborate.. I could sexify your UI there.

Hehe, he is actually pretty good at that considering the web stuff I have seen him do!

Kilur
05-01-2010, 09:59 PM
he first version of EQEmuLauncher has been released.

Download here:
http://moestaverne.com/module/projects/EQEmuLauncher

Features:
- Get Serverlist (from eqemulator.com)
- Watch Server Status of as many servers on the list as you want and get a speech warning if prefered
- Start the EQ-Client (You can either set a Link (*.lnk) or the eqgame.exe)
- Patching eqhost.txt

Upcomming Features:
- Get newest updates on serverfiles (spell_us.txt, map-files, etc)
- Patching to certain server-only files whenever you need (if you play on different servers)

http://moestaverne.com/screenshot2.jpg

Can I use this to log onto PEQ with the SoD client port 5999?

RichardoX
05-02-2010, 01:36 AM
Hehe, he is actually pretty good at that considering the web stuff I have seen him do!

Oh I have no doubt about that. It looks great! I love design projects I guess. :p

trevius
05-02-2010, 03:16 AM
Oh I have no doubt about that. It looks great! I love design projects I guess. :p

I was talking about you, Richardo :P

krujo81
05-02-2010, 01:06 PM
this thing always tells me that there are 0 servers

Zordana
05-02-2010, 01:12 PM
im workin on it

Zordana
05-02-2010, 05:26 PM
im workin on it

fixed it, should work now

Dinggo
05-03-2010, 12:53 AM
I was talking about you, Richardo :P

From the frontend Ricardo has done for his own server EQ-Heroes, this man has talent for sure. Its better then ALOT of frontends for Mulit-million dollar games lol.

RichardoX
05-03-2010, 08:06 AM
I love the launcher. If I had one suggestion, it would be to have the option to set the affinity for dual/quad-core players.

Akkadius
05-03-2010, 01:49 PM
This is really awesome work, and definitely something that we can expand on. And yeah I would get together with Richardo to "sexify" the GUI, if not I can even help.

The thing that I see really beneficial are the minor file update posts, which I would like to see how that is going to roll out.

RichardoX
05-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Akka would be a wise choice as he'd probably have more time. His site is beautiful. I am wondering if it was your intention to directly play a server from this list or was it just to open EQ and monitor servers?

Pardon my inability to read if I've got this all wrong. It would be so cool to type in login/password information directly on the site and bypass the login process in eq itself. Also, the idea of patching per-server basis sounds very innovative and useful...

Zordana
05-03-2010, 07:26 PM
the area for the server-administrators to upload the files looks ugly but is done
next step is: EQEmuLauncher-Updater and after that the Patcher!
In some days i might release a test version...

steve
05-03-2010, 09:02 PM
It would be so cool to type in login/password information directly on the site and bypass the login process in eq itself.

That would be neat. It's definitely possible because EQ does it. You login at the patcher level and click play and it takes you directly to the server select.

Maybe someone can reverse the process...

Zordana
05-04-2010, 12:05 AM
btw:
send me a PM if you wanna help in any way (UI design, etc..)

Zordana
05-04-2010, 10:38 AM
That would be neat. It's definitely possible because EQ does it. You login at the patcher level and click play and it takes you directly to the server select.

Maybe someone can reverse the process...

i dont know if there are parameters to directly connect and what kind of protocoll the loginserver uses, but if anyone can provide information, send me a PM ;)

Zordana
05-04-2010, 03:26 PM
preview of the new version
http://moestaverne.com/screenshot3.jpg

RichardoX
05-05-2010, 12:35 AM
For older EQ clients, the method for connecting to a server revolved around a third party client if my memory serves me right. I'll ask those EQ Classic guys working with a velious client if they can give us any information on that.

Akkadius
05-08-2010, 12:19 AM
As busy as I am (school work have me packed), I have been trying to do piddly stuff to prepare for the big haul to get my server released. Trying to be quiet about it all until then. I decided to fry up some stuff in photo shop.

This probably took maybe about 100 layers or so to do, and I am posting it here for analysis before I give all the final product to Zord to slap it together. And it surprisingly maybe took me almost an hour. But what do you all think?

PS: I noticed the buttons are slightly off, I will just mirror them to look more appropriate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v450/Blade654/EQemulauncher.png

Zordana
05-08-2010, 01:38 AM
the border and the buttons look awesome! wondering where you stole em :D

the text "by moestaverne" and "by akkadius" looks really ugly tho :)
and the background could need a more friendly color :)

go on with the good work!! :)

steve
05-08-2010, 08:24 AM
It also shouldn't say 'Project' - PEQ is a server/database and since this is meant for multiple server use, it should just say EQEmu.

Akkadius
05-08-2010, 09:46 AM
It also shouldn't say 'Project' - PEQ is a server/database and since this is meant for multiple server use, it should just say EQEmu.

I won't disagree, although it was something I put together really quick for look/feel impression. And honestly having the EQemu logo is kind of in question as well.

I'll send some messages and find a few things out other than just that.

RichardoX
05-08-2010, 03:08 PM
He might have to do a lot of extra work to get transparency to work properly in the launcher.

Akkadius
05-09-2010, 03:16 AM
Transparency wouldn't be overly hard. Now one thing I do fear is the patching files thing. It's a little no no. If we could limit the patching to ascii (aka .txt) files I think this would be pretty solid.

Other than that Zord what did you have in mind for regulating the uploading via the server administrators?

I can fix up the launcher stuff here as soon as you need me to. Send me a PM for and details on certain formats as I have it saved altogether and in pieces (.psd and .png)

RichardoX
05-09-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't know how he wrote that software but I've seen some people struggle with transparency. I wouldn't know. :p

I have more than enough space and bandwidth (unlimited on both) as far as hosting patches is concerned. You could make direct ftp connections to my server and I could setup a mutual control panel to allow server owners to setup and install their own patches. And you won't have to worry as I have had this server since around 2005. I don't intend on ever getting rid of it.

We could setup folders for each server depending on their shortname and deploy patches in that manner.

Zordana
05-09-2010, 10:12 PM
I don't know how he wrote that software but I've seen some people struggle with transparency. I wouldn't know. :p

I have more than enough space and bandwidth (unlimited on both) as far as hosting patches is concerned. You could make direct ftp connections to my server and I could setup a mutual control panel to allow server owners to setup and install their own patches. And you won't have to worry as I have had this server since around 2005. I don't intend on ever getting rid of it.

We could setup folders for each server depending on their shortname and deploy patches in that manner.

thanks alot for this offer, but i think im fine on this, i already set up an environment to upload the files for each server etc, just needa give out logins to the server-admins (and finish the patcher)

Zordana
05-10-2010, 07:21 AM
http://moestaverne.com/module/news/15/EQEmulator+V1.0+Preview

RichardoX
05-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Oh wow! What a major improvement.. Looks great!! :)

orkim
05-10-2010, 05:33 PM
Zordana,

The patcher looks to be coming along nicely. Just wondering if you were planning on having this open source at some point so others could hack on the code?

-ork

Zordana
05-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Zordana,

The patcher looks to be coming along nicely. Just wondering if you were planning on having this open source at some point so others could hack on the code?

-ork

not sure about this yet, since the only reason to do so would be to "prove" that it doesnt have any backdoors or shit like that.. but there are other ways to find out things like that.. you can basicaly track everything an application does..
projects like this is my hobby, so its like giving away my hobby if others work on it :) if you know what i mean

orkim
05-10-2010, 07:12 PM
I'd be more interested to have open source so if you happen to disappear, others (or myself, or whatever) could pick it up and continue working with it. All to often it seems people burn out after X days/weeks/months/years/etc and it would be nice to be able to extend it. Personally anyways, that why I much prefer open source applications to use in my projects.

However, that said, 99% of the time I never even look at the source code. Guess it's more of the idea that I *COULD* if I wanted too, not that I even would. Just imagine something down the road changing and not being able to update the patcher. :P

Just my $0.02 about it.

-ork

Zordana
05-10-2010, 07:14 PM
I'd be more interested to have open source so if you happen to disappear, others (or myself, or whatever) could pick it up and continue working with it. All to often it seems people burn out after X days/weeks/months/years/etc and it would be nice to be able to extend it. Personally anyways, that why I much prefer open source applications to use in my projects.

However, that said, 99% of the time I never even look at the source code. Guess it's more of the idea that I *COULD* if I wanted too, not that I even would. Just imagine something down the road changing and not being able to update the patcher. :P

Just my $0.02 about it.

-ork

yeah, true, if i will EVER stop playing EQ or stop being that involved with that, i will make it opensource, definitly.. when toys get bored, i throw em into the folks if they want it :>

GeorgeS
05-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Sadly many of the good tools never have their source released.. Back in 2003 there were some great programs which I only have the compiled code. I could therefore never study how they were coded, or fix them when we were chasing live then. Think of the spell editors that probably don't work any more...

GeorgeS

Akkadius
05-11-2010, 12:15 AM
http://moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher/screenshot5.jpg

It's coming along quite nicely. He's adjusting path-files per client so each client will load files accordingly.

Background will look white in this case, it's really transparent.

Taurinus
05-11-2010, 12:48 AM
Looks good. What's it written in? My quick guess is something.net.

Zordana
05-11-2010, 03:21 AM
Looks good. What's it written in? My quick guess is something.net.

yep, written in c#

RichardoX
05-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Sadly many of the good tools never have their source released.. Back in 2003 there were some great programs which I only have the compiled code. I could therefore never study how they were coded, or fix them when we were chasing live then. Think of the spell editors that probably don't work any more...

GeorgeS

Yeah, do you remember in eqemu ver. 4.5-5.0 when the eqemu tool was available? It was an all-in-one emu editor that worked very well I might add. It had an item editor, loot editor, grid creator, character manager and a lot more. Unfortunately that fell through as eqemu progressed and I do not believe the source was ever released.

Zordana
05-12-2010, 10:26 AM
need a tester (with titanium client)!
send me a PM

Zordana
05-16-2010, 09:20 AM
Version 1.0
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31288