PDA

View Full Version : All mobs are all indifferent

Keldroth666
05-03-2010, 04:43 PM
All the mobs on my server con indifferent. I looked at the faction tables in navicat and they have values, so why is nothing kos or friendly or anything but indifferent? Can anyone help me get the factions fixed up? Also I want my server to use the classic player models, so if you know about that too, that'd help me out a lot. Thanks.

trevius
05-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Sounds like you forgot to source the required SQL updates when you updated your server version. Try this one:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/source/browse/trunk/EQEmuServer/utils/sql/svn/1404_faction_list.sql

Akkadius
05-03-2010, 06:59 PM
Sounds like you forgot to source the required SQL updates when you updated your server version. Try this one:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqem...ction_list.sql

That's exactly what the problem is, cause the same thing happened with me. The only thing that is different here is that I sourced a very early sql that was posted that wasn't working so I had to merge the new into a backup.

Keldroth666
05-04-2010, 01:58 AM
So I did a fresh install with r1404 and when I tried to source that sql file it spit a bunch of errors at me about those columns already existing etc, so i looked at the db and it appears to me to be up to date but everything still cons indifferent. Thank you for your help.

Akkadius
05-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Try a later revision, 1404 was right on the ball with that change, I think they fixxed a few things.

Meged
05-04-2010, 04:08 PM
May be a simple answer. Are you running around with gm mode on? I can't check right now but I believe with gm on everything cons indifferent.

Keldroth666
05-04-2010, 06:04 PM
So I started with a fresh rev1410 database today, sourced that faction_list update, and logged in with a brand new non-gm account but everything is still indifferent, do other people using 1410 have working factions?

trevius
05-04-2010, 06:06 PM
What server code revision are you running?

pfyon
05-04-2010, 06:36 PM
I second checking if you're GM flagged.

Triplegilaman
05-04-2010, 08:38 PM
I'm having the same issue. Now I don't really know the eqemu data model but the faction_list table appears to me to be a default faction list - like a starting faction. So fixing that wouldn't fix all mob factions, and I too have all mobs conning indifferent and no messages when I kill a mob on a faction.

I see is that in the npc_types table, all values in the column npc_faction_id are 0. Maybe this field is legacy and isn't used (again I don't know the data model), but it would be my guess that this could be part of the issue.

Frosef
05-04-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm having the same issue. Now I don't really know the eqemu data model but the faction_list table appears to me to be a default faction list - like a starting faction. So fixing that wouldn't fix all mob factions, and I too have all mobs conning indifferent and no messages when I kill a mob on a faction.

I see is that in the npc_types table, all values in the column npc_faction_id are 0. Maybe this field is legacy and isn't used (again I don't know the data model), but it would be my guess that this could be part of the issue.

The first 167 records of my npc_types table have faction ID of 0, since they're pets. Everything else has various numbers, so I don't think it's a legacy field and does indeed sound like the problem.

Keldroth666
05-05-2010, 02:13 AM
server is 1410 also

Zandig
05-05-2010, 08:39 AM
It's working fine for me with the last version I compiled (rev 1449) and the latest PEQ database (peqdb_rev1410).

Sounds like you need to update your code to a newer revision.

venecha
05-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Is there a pre-compiled 1449 code revision (with bots enabled) for download? I am having the same problem as the above, GM flag is -not- on. DB revision is 1410, but the latest compiled bot code revision was 1316 on sourceforge. However, when I installed the non-bot code rev 1410, it still didn't fix the issue with faction. Not only does everything con as indifferent, but if you kill something, it doesn't change your faction. I've even tried logging in on a completely non-gm account to see if it had something to do with the gm code on the account my gm char is on.

Not sure what else to try.

Thanks!

trevius
05-05-2010, 09:56 PM
When your database revision and code don't match like that, there are likely to be issues, which is the cause of your problem. If you are running Rev1410 of the DB, you need to be running Rev1410 of the source code/binaries. Sometimes it is ok for them not to match up with exact revisions, but your source/binaries should always be at least as new as your database revision or newer. And you have to run any required SQL updates between the DB revision and the source revision from the /utils/sql/svn/ folder.

No, there aren't any newer builds with bots on the Google SVN yet (we don't use sourceforge). Compiling it yourself isn't all that hard to do once you set it up to work properly the first time.

You can use this wiki for help with compiling:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=VS2008

venecha
05-06-2010, 07:04 PM
The thing is, I -did- try using the 1410 code rev and db to see if that might indeed be part of the problem, but it didn't resolve the issue. I was hoping that since the server build for the wiki pointed to the site for the 1410 binaries, that I could get them from there as I won't have a lot of time for getting svn going for a few weeks.

Thanks for the link for the compiling wiki. When I get to that point I'll definitely use it.

Venecha

venecha
05-09-2010, 05:29 PM
I downloaded and compiled the latest code rev this morning (non-bot release), but still am having the faction problem. Not sure what to try next.

I attempted to compile the bot revision, but it never produced a world.exe. (I posted a request for help, but may have put it in the wrong forum).

Has anyone verified that rev 1473 actually has working faction? And if anyone has any clues on why a wouldn't be getting a world.exe on the bot version, when the compile has no errors just says that it is updated, that would be great too :)

Thanks!
Venecha

venecha
05-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Got it figured out! Thank you to everyone who gave information. The re-compile of rev 1473 worked and faction is once again functional.

You guys on the forum are great. Thanks for being patient with a n00b!

Venecha

spideyak
05-16-2010, 09:22 AM
I'm having the same problem; I compiled from the most recent & built a server from scratch. I've put my account at level 0 (for GM status) & still, everything is indifferent.

I'm at server revision 1488 & PEQ DB at 1410.

joligario
05-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Check your maps are located in your emu\maps folder and not something like emu\maps\maps

spideyak
05-16-2010, 12:16 PM
Joligario - Thanks for the suggestion, I just did an SVN update on the maps & copied them to the emu\maps folder... still all indifferent =/

spideyak
05-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Okay, got it fixed, not sure what happened, but I recompiled & I'm getting faction hits now =)

Thank you...

Tildar
06-11-2010, 01:34 AM
I'm having an issue similar to this as well.

I'm running a server on an XP machine.

I originally set my server up using EQEmu-Rev1410 downloaded from http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list. I'm running peq database rev 1496. Everything worked just fine with this setup.

I then decided that I wanted to run a server with bots, so I now am using EQEmu-Rev1316-Bots, also downloaded from http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list.

Other than switching over to the bot eqemu server and sourcing the bot sql, no other changes have been made. Bots are working fine, and as far as I can tell everything else is working fine with the exception that now everything is conning indifferent.

I know it was said that I need my eqemu rev and peqdb rev to match, but I'm unable to find any peqdb archives to find a peqdb rev 1316.

Any suggestions on fixing this would be appreciated.

Current EQEmu: EQEmu-Rev1316-Bots
Current peqdb: rev 1496.

Thanks

Zodl
06-11-2010, 04:23 PM
I think you're in the same boat as I am, I haven't gotten faction to work with either of those two compiled revisions and the current database. You can try to compile your own source; but I've hit a brick wall there: sometimes it would crash, once I could get into game but couldn't move, another time I couldn't log in. In the end I gave up. If you familiarize yourself with svn you can pull down an older revision of the database and try to match it up closer with the revision of the compiled binaries, I believe I found and use revision 1395 and I am getting faction hits, but I'm distrustful of it, and not playing much. I am waiting for new compiled binaries that are in sync with the database, and will re-setup when that occurs.

Tibador
06-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Well i think i figured out how to fix this with the help of Rumzuck in irc the issue is the revision 1404 if it loads with errors

ALTER TABLE `faction_list` ADD COLUMN `mod_r42` smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `mod_r14`;
ALTER TABLE `faction_list` ADD COLUMN `mod_r367` smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `mod_r330`;
ALTER TABLE `faction_list` ADD COLUMN `mod_r522` smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `mod_r367`;
UPDATE faction_list SET mod_r367 = mod_r60;
UPDATE faction_list SET mod_r42 = mod_r120;
ALTER TABLE `faction_list` DROP COLUMN `mod_r60`;
ALTER TABLE `faction_list` DROP COLUMN `mod_r120`;

The Above code does not work and will error out on every line because for whatever reason it cant find mod_r60 even though 1404 says to drop it on line 6 but 1496 is still looking for it.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb210/Tibador/Error.jpg

Rumzuck gave me this query

ALTER TABLE `faction_list` ADD COLUMN `mod_r60` smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `mod_r14`;
ALTER TABLE `faction_list` ADD COLUMN `mod_r120` smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `mod_r108`;

It fixed the error that was happening in zone.exe the only way to find it was to pause the cmd window line by line to check because the logs would not show the error of factions not loading because it was missing mod_r60.

Now i am not sure of the issues with the initial 1404 revision and i hope one of the Devs can come by and help figure out how to fix those Mod's but it does fix all mobs are indifferent issue.

**Warning have not checked all mobs as its late at this post and i am tired lol**

Secrets
06-15-2010, 12:55 PM
I think it's an issue with the compiled binaries that were posted. I had someone who had this issue download latest source and it worked fine.