PDA

View Full Version : Warning!!!

Tovahna
05-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Do not, under any circumstances, EVER go to the "Europa" server. The owner of that server is a major ***hole. He stands there in the tutorial just as you spawn and kills you over and over so you can't camp, can't move, can't type, can't do ANYTHING. I had to "end task" thru windows just to shut down EQ to get out of the server. His server advertises "GM Server, GM Commands" which may be tempting, but save yourself the aggravation and frustration.

trevius
05-03-2010, 07:03 PM
LOL, are you sure it was the owner doing it? If he allows players to use #kill, it could be another player doing it to you.

Tovahna
05-03-2010, 07:07 PM
ya it was...he was named "Headboss" and after the first death i got a pvt message saying "you've just been pwned by The CREATOR!" O.o

and seeing as how he was the only one on the server

trevius
05-03-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't know which commands they allow, but allowing GM commands makes it pretty easy for players to claim to be "The Creator". I am not trying to defend the server, just giving some possibilities.

Kilralpine
05-04-2010, 01:17 PM
lol maybe he just doesnt know how to lock the server and doesnt want people exploring O_O?

Taurinus
05-05-2010, 03:48 PM
He stands there in the tutorial just as you spawn and kills you over and over so you can't camp

Hah. He gets -5 style points for lack of creativity. It would be MUCH funnier if he was sniping random characters during raids. Heh. That could even spawn a whole new server fad. Insane GM randomly kills players. Imagine the intensity of raid encounters!

Main tank: Ok, this guy is going to be a 4sec CH rotation, with dps reserving all discs unless I say so.
Guild: Ok, boss.
The raid starts, and the mob is at 40%.
"The Creator" zones in and shouts "Yo wazzzzzup peeps?"
Main tank: MAX DPS, MAX DPS!

mastajon
05-05-2010, 10:23 PM
I could see this being implemented in some form of spastic GM event or along the lines.

mixxit
05-08-2010, 03:19 AM
Hah. He gets -5 style points for lack of creativity. It would be MUCH funnier if he was sniping random characters during raids. Heh. That could even spawn a whole new server fad. Insane GM randomly kills players. Imagine the intensity of raid encounters!

Main tank: Ok, this guy is going to be a 4sec CH rotation, with dps reserving all discs unless I say so.
Guild: Ok, boss.
The raid starts, and the mob is at 40%.
"The Creator" zones in and shouts "Yo wazzzzzup peeps?"
Main tank: MAX DPS, MAX DPS!

Eek the return of the Dungeon Master?!

pfyon
05-08-2010, 11:47 AM
It would be much less obvious to have a timer in player.pl so something bad happens after a random amount of time in a zone.