PDA

View Full Version : Login Timeout

mapster888
05-04-2010, 09:51 PM
OK...

I was playing about a week ago and decided to use the peq login server (at advice of a fellow player) and kaput! Everything went screwy from there. "A timeout error has occured" is my pain.

I have:

1. Reinstalled 3x (titanium, unpatched)
2. Triple checked and replaced eqhost file multiple times, using both emu and peq host address.
3. Changed firewall on/off. Turned Microsoft Security essentials on/off (on install, too). Checked router to insure nothing is blocked.
4. Had a freiend who is IT admin work on it for a bit (also EQ player),used several run CMDs to make sure connection is made. He says it appears my port is open to send, but not acccepting back (using netstat and pinging server). He said my PC is not negotiating for a higher port. Strange.
5. Read as much info as I can find on the board/FAQ/WIKI

Bear in mind this all worked fine b4 we decided to change the eqhost file. So simply replacing the text file should correct said problem? Wrong :mad:

Anyone with any advice at all would be of great assistance and greatly appreciated :)

Kobaz
05-05-2010, 01:02 AM
Oddly, I can login using the peq login server, but always get a blank list with the eqemu one.

Is there a cache file in the everquest folder that could be deleted to destroy the "memory" of previous logins/networks?

trevius
05-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Have you tried opening a command prompt window and running "ipconfig /flushdns", as the front page of this site says? There was an IP change a few days ago, and you may need to clear your dns cache to resolve the new address properly.

If you are still having issues, try pasting your eqhost.txt file contents here.

mapster888
05-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Tried it, no dice :(

Copied:

[LoginServer]
Host=projecteq.net:5998

from host file. ALso used the emu address as well, nothing.

Thanks for taking the time to look!

~Mapster