PDA

View Full Version : Problem with server login, wont connect

Pherrot
05-11-2010, 02:19 PM
I am unable to connect. I do not get a timed out error it just keeps trying to connect. The faq says this is because I have a patched launcher but the one I am using is straight from everquest titanium. It has been tricky because I also have the full everquest installed and installed titanium to a seperate folder and ran everything from there. I can get it to lauch, login, then connecting...and nothing...I have never patched this new version of everquest and I am bypassing the patcher using "patchme". my eqhost.txt file is saved correctly.

Thanks!

trevius
05-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Did you make the shortcut to eqgame.exe or everquest.exe, because making it to the wrong one is a common mistake and will cause problems/patching. What exactly does your eqhost.txt file contain right now? Also, where did you get Titanium from? If you installed it from anything other than the retail CDs, then it probably isn't the correct version of Titanium that you need. You can verify the build date of eqgame.exe by opening your Everquest/Logs/dbg.txt file and post the build date it shows there at the top.

You can also try using one of the alternate Login Servers to verify if you have the correct client or not. If you set your eqhost to point to tsahosting.net:5999 and try logging into that with username and password of "test", it will either just hang there like you were seeing, or it will give you an error about a bad username/password. If you get the username/password error, that should mean you are using a patched client and not a fresh Titanium install. If you just hang at logging in when trying both 5998 and 5999 on the tsahosting.net using a bogus username/password, then that means there is a port blocking issue on your end. You may need to check your firewall and router configs. If you are playing from a dorm or from work, or anywhere that uses a proxy, they most likely block the required ports to connect and there is no way around that.