PDA

View Full Version : World.exe crashes

Zodl
05-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Woot, I'm back again.

Three days ago I installed Windows 7 Pro. (x64) onto my PC (AMD Phenom II) replacing Windows XP - and wiping out my hard drives while I was at it.

The issue I am having is that when I run start.bat, I receive a message box: World.exe application error - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) click okay to close the application.

A Sample Log:
---------------------------------------------
[05.16. - 20:17:05] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_debug_3600.log
[05.16. - 20:17:05] [LAUNCHER__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[05.16. - 20:17:06] [NET__WORLD] WorldConnection connect: Connecting to the server localhost:9000 failed: TCPConnection::Connect(): connect() failed. Error: 10061
[05.16. - 20:17:06] [LAUNCHER__ERROR] worldserver.Connect() FAILED! Will retry.
[05.16. - 20:17:06] [LAUNCHER__INIT] Starting main loop...

In the past I've installed EQEmu between 5 and 8 times successfully, but usually I'll do something wrong in the process. I'll cover where I fear I may have made a mistake and what I know I've done right:
Everything concerning MySQL, subversion, perl, (quests and databases) I'm confident I've done correctly.
I am not familiar with this new EQEmu Login Server that has replaced miniLogin or what my dyndns.address is (I play locally alone, when I want to play with my friends a different guy hosts) so I've been replacing localhost or 127.0.0.1 interchangeably everywhere I see dyndns.
I have used 2 walkthroughs:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ValesEQ
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ws1129r222
The first one being more current and recommended by Trevius; the second one being one that I have used with success in the past - and I've tried to use both individually as well as merge them into one. I get the world.exe error using all setups. I have not edited my "hosts" in %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts like the second guide suggests - because I'm not sure if it's there in Windows 7 (Still learning Win 7, I haven't even looked) But I have done all appropriate replacements of localhost/127.0.0.1 where "eqs.starspark" used to be

Any help would be appreciated and any extra information can be provided upon request. Thanks!

Zodl
05-19-2010, 08:33 PM
I think I've worked it out; in case anyone was looking into the issues, it's been resolved I suspect.

banolil
05-29-2010, 01:03 AM
Hello, can you please explain how you got around the issue? I am having the same problem.

Zodl
05-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Hey Banolil,
I did this a while ago so my memory isn't 100% and I did a few things wrong, but I can name some of the things:
The biggest mistake was I gave conflicting ports to the emu, I think I was telling it to use 5999 and 5998, not all setup guides use the same port (the eqhost file in the EQ directory, Host=eqemulator.net:5998 or whatever it is) and that port (the 5998') I believe must be consistent throughout.
I found out that I had an incompatible version of Perl, I keep installers for 5.10 and 5.8 on my machine, it seems like the bot build (1316) used 5.10 and the normal build (1410) used 5.8 - but this probably wasn't causing the world.exe to crash
I setup a host file again in Windows 7, it is done the same as in Windows XP - I don't know if that helped, but it's one of the things I did.

The real solution for me was to go through a setup guide line by line carefully to look for small errors like those listed. On a side note, I never got the mobs to quit conning indifferent, so now I'm trying to compile my own build, I suspect the compiled binaries available are causing the indifferent issue.

Edit p.s. I just remembered I also wanted to get a better understanding of eqemu_config.xml (I know it's just xml) so I decided to type it all out, I suspect I made errors in there, wrong keystrokes - maybe I did 1 thing really wrong, when I went through again I just did a copy/paste from the setup guide; I think the copy paste will be safe 90% of the time.