PDA

View Full Version : Need help!! Please!

claudio
05-18-2010, 07:18 PM
SO ..

I've wanted to play on eqemu for a long time since eqlive just stopped being fun. My pc took a shit and didnt really want to get a new one, so was stuck with just having a mac. Tried out eqmac. Not for me. Finally got myself a new macbook pro and installed windows. Check around some local stores for a copy of titanium.. no luck. Finally get one off amazon. Takes like a week and a half to get in the mail. It finally comes .. sweet! no.. Not sweet. Installing about half way through the first disc, and it stops. Try my comp at work. Try my sisters. Same thing. Bad disc.

SO. I check the forums and see you can use the SoD client. Dont read enough, though. Drop the $19.99 and d/l it. Set it up. Yeah .. log in server doesnt support it.

Great.

So i read about how you can log in and set your accounts with the new hosting, but I cant do it myself.

I've posted in that thread looking for someone to help .. but no responses yet. Figure maybe I can make a thread so more people can see it. Sorry for posting the same thing a few times ... im just frustrated and really want to be able to play.

Long story short. If anyone could find it in their hearts to log in a set my accounts up with a login to the new hosting it would be so amazing. I'll paypal you money if thats what it takes. I know its a bit of a pain and i'm asking a lot.

So if anyone would do that for me .. either post here or pm me. Thank you in advance for any consideration

blackdragonsdg
05-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Try copying the Titanium discs to your hard drive in iso format then run the installer from virtual drives. Sometimes the read speed of the drive during an install may be to much for error correction to overcome but coping the disc at a slower speed may allow your drive to read through the error. If you are able to copy the bad disc to your drive then chances are you will be able to install it.
Doing this will not any violate copyright laws if you legally purchased the game. By law you are allowed to make back up copies of computer software for occasions such as this.

Legal Stuff:

Copyright and Digital Files - http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-digital.html

§ 107. Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use - http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#107