PDA

View Full Version : Ssratemple crashes zone.

monitor
05-20-2010, 01:46 PM
The server is working fine, but Ssratemple crashes the zone, losing the charachter in it. Anyone else get this or know why?

Cheers

Iain

KLS
05-23-2010, 04:33 AM
Could be many things. The most common crashes outside the ones we introduce in development are databases with missing tables. Having log files of crashed zones helps a lot to track issues down.

fredsbox
05-24-2010, 02:46 PM
I had this same problem. It's a divide by zero issue due to an invalid db loot variable. Run this sql command and you should be golden:

update lootdrop_entries set chance=1 where chance=0;

Angelox
05-25-2010, 03:18 PM
I had this same problem. It's a divide by zero issue due to an invalid db loot variable. Run this sql command and you should be golden:

update lootdrop_entries set chance=1 where chance=0;
Thank you! you just solved an old puzzle for me - I could not figure out why my Gukbottom, and Guktop were always crashing for no reason. I went and followed the lootdrop_entries chance that had zero, sure enough Gukbottom had about a dozen and Guktop had 2-3. In my case, these were reminiscent of a merge we made years ago, and some merges went into the wrong tables with a setting of zero chance. I thought I had them all, but since they were set to zero chance, I figured it wouldn't matter :).
You wouldn't believe all the time I spent with this detail.

Cavedude; you have six zero chance entries in PEQ database , in a fairly new PEQ I just checked - if you still have them, you need to fix, as I can assure you, this will crash the zone.

cavedude
05-25-2010, 03:30 PM
Hmmm:

mysql> select count(*) from lootdrop_entries where chance = 0;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
| 0 |
+----------+
1 row in set (0.22 sec)

Maybe some other team member got them? I dunno, I didn't fix them. I have 0 in an older DB I have sourced as well.

Angelox
05-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Someone must have fixed them already (probably noticed the zero loots)- I had seen mine, just left them there since they where zero chance, tell I could verify if needed or not (I then forgot about them).

This PEQ DB I have I think was the beta team dump from 12/27/2009 - Maybe you noticed less zone crashes to certain zones?

Here's some of the zones those loots I found in the old PEQ were in;

Plane of Torment
Ssraeshza Temple
lakeofillomen

monitor
05-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Strange, tried it but still crashes booo, so ive disabled it for the time being.