PDA

View Full Version : EQEmuLoginServer Setup Help

spideyak
05-27-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm trying to set up my server using the eqemuloginserver.exe instead of the mini-login in anticipation of putting this server up for myself (127.0.0.1), LAN (192.168.1.x) & WAN participants to play on; however, I can't find an updated how-to for the eqemuloginserver.exe.

What should the PEQ database variable be for the login server?

Is there a good example of the xml configuration?

Is the INI file still called eqemulogin.ini or is it simply login.ini?

Are there changes needed in the LoginServer.ini? (i.e., ServerMode=?)

Any & all help greatly appreciated, thank you :P

Akyra
05-28-2010, 08:49 AM
Hi,

The PEQ Database variable for LoginServer I am using is public. This connects to both my internal login server (EQEmuLoginServer) and the public EQEmu loginserver.

As for which filename for the ini you would need depends on which version of EQEmuLoginServer.exe you are using. If you're planning on building one from the latest source, you will need to use login.ini whereas if you are using the binary available on the google codebase you will need to use eqemulogin.ini. A good XML configuration depends solely on which version you use as they require different files. The below is XML needed for the binary version currently available on the google codebase (v1.0) though:

eqemulogin.ini
Port=5999
DumpPacketsIn=true
DumpPacketsOut=true
Trace=true
DatabaseServerName=<db_host>
DatabaseCatalogName=<db_name>
DatabaseUserName=<db_user>
DatabaseUserPassword=<db_password>
OPCodePathAndFileName=login_opcodes_sod.conf

If you are changing from MiniLogin to EQEmuLoginServer, your LoginServer.ini file will be made redundant as this file will no longer be used because it only applies to MiniLogin.

Hope this helps.

Akyra