PDA

View Full Version : Walk speed

Allizia
06-02-2010, 09:22 PM
I've tried everything to adjust walkspeed/runspeed correctly and nothing seems to be working, so I'm hoping for a little help ^.^

I'm using to stock PEQ database and source code, but mobs run about as fast as my grandma on sleeping meds. I've adjusted the runspeed to 1.9 which seems perfect, you have to strafe/jump to keep ahead of them, but now they path way too quickly on grids.

I am looking for a way to achieve this goal for pretty much all mobs in the database:

runspeed=1.9
walkspeed=0.67

I've tried lowering the walkspeed in zones and it does not seem to effect PC's or NPCs (took it from .4 all the way to -50 and no change)

Is this possible or is there a way to auto adjust walkspeed to 33% of runspeed instead of 50%?

Thanks!

Note: I have no walkspeed field that I can find to adjust (although I do see walkspeed in game using #npcstats, so it must exist somewhere?), it looks like it was taken out here: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21527&highlight=walkspeed and could not find any other posts with a solution

Allizia
06-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Any information at all would be appreciated on this! Development is flying, but this is still a major concern I can't seem to figure out =/

louis1016
11-02-2010, 06:04 AM
Any update on this issue? i also would like to know

joligario
11-02-2010, 06:32 AM
Walk speed is calculated from run speed. There is only 1 speed entered from the database.

EDIT: To be complete, I guess I could answer the other question above.

If you would like to change the walk speed, go to (currently using r1713) mob.h line 596. You will see that GetWalkSpeed() uses a mod of -47 on the runspeed. That is where you would tailor your walkspeed.

noudess
07-27-2013, 10:20 AM
This thread is ancient, but I too would like my server to be more like what I recall. I just outran a griffenne in NK.

The db looks like some serious thought went into MOB runspeed, but they all seem so slow.

Am I right that char runspeed is 1.9? Can anyone shed some light on where the db speeds for mobs came from, to help me make a more enlightened change?