PDA

View Full Version : Max Level for Tutorial?

Madrigal
06-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Hi,

I'm running a private server using the PEQ database (revision 1496) and have set the World:MaxLevelForTutorial to 75 (in the rule_values table). However, when I try to enter the tutorial from the character select screen with a character over level 15, I am confronted with a message saying that my level is too high for this area and am immediately zoned to the Nexus.

I fiddled around with the value, changing it from 75 to -1, and it appears that I cannot even click on the "enter tutorial" from the character select screen when the value in World:MaxLevelForTutorial is set to a value less than my character's level. This holds true for both the Titanium and SoD clients.

This leads me to believe that World:MaxLevelForTutorial is working just fine, and that I must be missing another parameter for the tutorialb zone (#189). After searching through the zone table, I found a column for min_level but nothing for max_level or an equivalent thereof (at least nothing blatantly obvious that would allow me to specify the maximum level for a particular zone).

So, my question is this: how would it be possible to enter the tutorial over level 15? Am I missing something obvious or doing something stupid here?

Thanks,

madrigal

edit: sorry for posting in this forum category ... I mistakenly clicked on "General Discussion" instead of "General Support".

joligario
06-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Did you check the player.pl file in tutorialb?

KLS
06-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Yeah looks like you're just using an unmodified player.pl file.

if($ulevel > 15 && $status < 80)
{
$client->Message(15,"You are too high in level to be in this zone.");
quest::selfcast(2433);
}

Gotta change that block to check higher than 15.

Madrigal
06-07-2010, 04:46 AM
Thank you both, that fixed the problem. I'll remember to look over those .pl files in the future.