PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Sourcing

Enphoria
06-11-2010, 12:38 PM
I keep getting an error when I try to source anything I keep getting an error:
Failed to open file 'peqdb_rev1496.sql', error: 2
This goes for anything what I'm trying to source.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!

ChessyCats
06-12-2010, 06:26 PM
I wish I could help you, but I have gotten that error before as well. I'm not sure why. It didn't do that to me before but now it's pretty consistent. Luckily I have an old folder with everything already sourced into it, so I've been using that every time I try a reinstall.

ChessyCats
06-12-2010, 09:10 PM
Okay, it stopped giving me that error. I uninstalled Perl, MySQL, EQ, and removed any .ini's or registry crap they left behind. That may be overboard, but after wiping the slate clean, I finally don't get the sourcing error anymore.

naveed
06-26-2010, 02:05 PM
i had this same problem and i figured out that you need your unpacked DB files in the BIN folder for mysql. The default path (and not mentioned quite clearly in the setup guides) creates a folder IN a folder once you chose the bin extension that you want it to DL and Unzip your DB and map files. Be sure to cut and paste those MySQL DB files from those created folders to go in the MySQL BIN folder directly.
i.e. C:programfiles\MySQL\Mysqlserver5.0\bin
THAT is what path you want the sourceing files to go into.
If you dont move them from the created folders made from the unzip process...you will get a path like this:
C:programfiles\MySQL\Mysqlserver5.0\bin\projecteqd b\peqdb
or something like that...but what I found is that when you try to source the files when they are buried deep past the Mysql BIN folder...it gives you these Errors of "failed to open". So CHeck the location of your sourced DB and Player files and make sure they are in the mysql BIN folder, not extended in other folders IN the bin folder

eski2
06-26-2010, 11:24 PM
I have seen those errors too. Maybe the wiki can be edited, and if there's some logical reason why you shouldn't do this, someone will change it back?

I assume you need a different account for the wiki?

Tharkun
06-27-2010, 04:51 AM
the other option is to use a command prompt to open MySQL from the folder that contains the queries, or use a GUI frontend like Heidi or some such.

provocating
07-01-2010, 12:23 PM
I normally source large files in from a prompt, goes way quicker that way. Small files I just use Heidi.