PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions about standalone server

Medic911
06-21-2010, 06:01 PM
I've set up a standalone server. It seems to work smashingly well. I have several issues I want to address, but so far haven't found a precise solution in the places I've searched.

First, I would like to create and play several accounts at once, on the same computer. My DB settings are:

World:MaxClientsPerIP = 6
World:ExemptMaxClientsStatus = 100 (with each account having 250 status)
World:AddMaxClientsPerIP = 6
World:AddMaxClientsStatus = 100 (250 status)

Doesn't matter which account I log into, I always get the first account I created. I can log into multiple characters on the same account, but a character will get disconnected if another character zones into the same zone.

Another odd thing, it doesn't matter what I enter for account and pword, I still log into the first account made. Any random string in both fields gets me logged in.

Second, is there a setting I can change to allow solo instance adventures?

If I worded my searches wrong, and missed post(s) which addressed my issues, thanks for taking the time to answer, anyway.

Medic911

ChessyCats
06-21-2010, 07:30 PM
You must be using Minilogin. Minilogin tracks accounts by IP, and not username or password. That's why you keep logging into the same account no matter what credentials you enter.

It may be possible to work around this. I couldn't get it to, but try this post: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25898 You may be able to get it to work.

There are other ways to set up a login, either by using the EQemulogin.exe or simply changing your eqhost.txt and eqemu_config.xml files to point to the EQemu login server.

I'm not sure about any solo instances. Must be some expansion after PoP, and PoP is the highest I've ever gone.

joligario
06-21-2010, 07:30 PM
The first issue sounds like you have the characters on the same LS account. They need to be on different LS accounts.

Medic911
07-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Thx for the suggestions. Have been dealing with some hardware issues and haven't had time to work on my server. After reading these replies, I did try using the eqemuloginserver, but it seems to be having issues of its own. Oh, well, I'll get things to work at some point in time.

Bardolf01
07-18-2010, 02:06 AM
Thx for the suggestions. Have been dealing with some hardware issues and haven't had time to work on my server. After reading these replies, I did try using the eqemuloginserver, but it seems to be having issues of its own. Oh, well, I'll get things to work at some point in time.

After Battling with similar issues to you I ended up pinching the privatelogin server that is supplied with Ax classic repack server and editing that to work.

adawah
07-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Bardolf01 how did you do it? I'm kind of new to EQ but not to MMO's. Trying to get on with my son and I to both play together. Can you give some details. Thanks.