PDA

View Full Version : local 2-boxing???

jackal1950
06-24-2010, 09:38 AM
I am trying to get a local / online server setup for friends and family, that being said, I have a few ???
is it possible (from host pov) to 2-box and have other family on my lan be able to log in at same time?
It's been awhile since I have messed with a server,(bbs days, circa 1994-5) and could some help prying a solution out of my old hat holder

2. also where will I be able to find the older db / quests that would work with EQEmu-Rev1316-Bots, or do these work with the bots...peqdatabase-Rev1535, peqquests-Rev1535.

Thanks in advance for all help,

Tharkun
06-25-2010, 04:29 AM
1) Ideally if your not solo playing have a dedicated box to run the server is preferred. Reason being... your client(s) running on the same box will cause system lag on the server (this is bad). It is doable though if the system is higher end. For a small server, you basically need enough graphic power to run windows, enough HD space for OS and EMU, and prolly 1-2GB available RAM should be plenty for what your talking about. As always more RAM the merrier.

2) been out of the loop awhile and not sure about the revisions.... i have DB 1265 and not having issues thus far...