PDA

View Full Version : Database issues...

leaddore
06-27-2010, 06:29 PM
I have been pounding this out for about 2 days now, I have gotten most errors beaten, however, it seems when it comes to starting the server, with most of the databases I use, it seems to be missing a lot of tables and data... to the point where the server wont run...

When I load the rev 1549 database, it is so bad that I get a core dump, it is ALWAYS when the Adventure manager attempt to load, this also happens when I load the DB from one revision ago...

When I load the Ykesha database from peq, I can actually get the server to run, however it also complains about missing tables, adventure tables, and player tables as well, as seen when I try and log into the server and it tries to write my info to the database, it fails telling me that the table does not exist...

It is like sourcing the databases in arent copying the whole thing for some reason, but I cant tell what or why..

mysql version 5.1.47 which according to the forums, 5.1.X should work, peq db 1549, and 1535 both same issues, ykesha db loads, however still missing tables and information...

I am at a loss now as to what could be causing this.

leaddore
06-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Ok, on further reading from the windows server install setup....

NOTE: In mysql 5.1.* they introduced a new reserved keyword 'range' into the sql language, unfortunately the items table in the peq database already has a field named "range". To avoid this conflict we're using a 5.0.* version.

Could this be causing my tables to not be loading properly? And if so... how do I get around this?

gaeorn
06-29-2010, 03:18 PM
Assuming this is a new db, did you source peqdb_1549.sql, then source load_player.sql?

This should work with DB 5.1.x under linux. I use 5.1.42 currently without issues.

leaddore
06-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Actually, I should have updated this, it appears it was not a DB issue at all, it had something to do with Fedora Core 12, 3 days fighting with it without success with FC12, I wiped and installed the newest debian, under 2 hours until I had it all working, I dont know what it was about FC12 that was causing my issues.