PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Create Character...

lutherdammit
06-28-2010, 05:22 AM
Maybe I missed something - probably did.

When I am able to log on to a server from the list and reach the character select screen all I see is the Erudite standing there looking dumb with the name "Newbie".

At any rate I am unable to make a new character. When I hit the button nothing happens. I tried to look at sites for the servers to see if I need any permissions to do so but to no avail.

I am running Titanium, any idears?

lutherdammit
06-29-2010, 02:48 AM
I tried everything. I can get to the character select screen on some servers, but nada.

Account is "Lutherdammit". Hralp!

trevius
06-29-2010, 04:19 AM
Not sure exactly what your problem is yet, but maybe it is a multi-core cpu issue, or maybe it is an issue with your client (like if you patched at all). There are some suggestions in my Sig that may be able to help, or at least give some ideas to try.

Secrets
06-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Maybe I missed something - probably did.

When I am able to log on to a server from the list and reach the character select screen all I see is the Erudite standing there looking dumb with the name "Newbie".

At any rate I am unable to make a new character. When I hit the button nothing happens. I tried to look at sites for the servers to see if I need any permissions to do so but to no avail.

I am running Titanium, any idears?

I had this issue recently. I fixed it by deleting eqclient.ini in the folder and then running the game again. Strange that you had this issue on a windows box though; I only had it on linux. Another thing you could try is pressing alt enter when you are at character select and then hit the button.