PDA

View Full Version : can't /tell, "speak, /ooc etc. 95% of the time

peatymoorland
07-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Hello, I am new to EQ Emu but not new to EQ. I hope I am not repeating a question, but I searched the forum and cannot find my issue using "search" as there is no feedback when the problem occurs (i.e. no error report). Pretty much when I play I can begin a tell or say and I can type what I want to say; however, when I hit the return button the text stays in my bar and never transmits. In fact, there is no indication the game recognizes I even hit the return button. But oddly enough, sometimes and in very small windows of time I can /ooc, /tell, /reply "say etc., but usually after a couple of minutes I am once again unable to socialize. The worst part of this problem is, I am new and some nice players were offering some gear in PoK I was able to communicate to them and set up a meeting and sure enough, once I received the goods my ability to communicate was broke again and I looked like an ass being unable to say, tell or emote any kind of thank you. <sigh> Currently I am running EQ Emu on a Windows 7 machine because that is all I have right now. I used the Secrets of Faydwer build unpatched as the wikki suggests. The experience is great, but without being able to socialize it feels like I am playing on my own private server, kinda lonely. Any help would be appreciated.

pfyon
07-02-2010, 07:51 PM
The server probably limits low level players' ability to chat in public channels to keep away some spam. I think the default lvl for that to go away is 10.

peatymoorland
07-02-2010, 08:11 PM
thanks I am over 10 and I can chat sometimes just not always. Would this block allow me to chat some of the time?