PDA

View Full Version : Not receiving activation email

MissLaia
07-04-2010, 01:38 AM
Hi, my son is trying to create an account and is not receiving his activation email. He was able to create his account, just no activation email to do anything with it. We have tried several times, using that link from the email issues thread under the news section to re-request the email. Have also checked all the other email folders, it is not going to junk mail.

Is there currently a problem with hotmail accounts?

email: is krevlin7@hotmail.com
forum account name: cleverish7

Ellia
07-04-2010, 08:06 PM
My spouse...

Algood41

is also having the same issue. No activation email; but I also asked for an IP excemption for Project 1999.

spouse's email is Algood41@hotmai.com
forum account name is Algood41

jumblebum
07-04-2010, 11:21 PM
Same problem:
I am trying to help my nephew create an account and he is not receiving an activation email. We successfully created the forum account, but still awaiting activation.

forum account name: legostarwars

Secrets
07-05-2010, 04:26 AM
I can't help on this FYI, only administrators can assist with this, and a lot of them are busy.

Half the people that I get around to in IRC can't get it working, but I try some free mail provider and get the email every time. Then I try gmail and it gets there. So I don't know what you guys are doing wrong.

MissLaia
07-05-2010, 02:07 PM
We ended up creating a new Gmail account and that one worked to receive activation email.

I believe it is only the hotmail accounts that seem to not be receiving activation emails.

algood
07-05-2010, 08:18 PM
This is Ellia's wife, Algood. I did as suggested and made a gmail account. It worked immediately. There must be a bug associated with hotmail. I successfully have activated this account now awaiting an email to play eq.

drnick79
07-06-2010, 10:08 AM
I can confirm this too- no love with hotmail, live, or comcast emails, but my gmail account got the activation email instantly.

Zargo1z
07-16-2010, 04:50 PM
same thing is happening to me at the moment, friend of mine is trying to activate an account. vickie1z@yahoo.com it is not working or sending activation.

Caryatis
07-16-2010, 07:51 PM
if only there was an alternative free email that was already mentioned in this thread as working fine...

ivansmashem
07-17-2010, 01:49 AM
My friend is having the same problem with his Hotmail account. I advised him to make a G-mail account, as I use G-mail for this site and it works fine.

The e-mails never get sent to his G-mail address. Curious as to what he was doing wrong, I created a brand new G-mail address, the same as I did for myself, to try it out and see if we could get it working for him. This new e-mail address never receives the activation e-mails.

I have checked all 6 folders G-mail starts with by default (checking Spam immediately after noticing nothing in Inbox each time), and there is nothing. He has tried a couple times a day every couple days for the last week or so. I have tried with the new account over the course of only about an hour. Neither account has received anything in any folder.

The problem extends beyond just Hotmail. Perhaps certain sites automatically filter out e-mails that they believe are phishing attempts based on the e-mail address from which they come? I have no idea what is really happening, but I do feel it has to be some kind of setting with G-mail / Hotmail / Comcast accounts, etc. that is causing this; otherwise, many more people using different e-mail sites would have posted about the problem (meaning it is unlikely that it's something that can be changed from EQEmulator, but something that needs to be changed for each of the affected e-mail addresses).

All I know is that both of my G-mail accounts I used before receive e-mails fine from this site, but new ones I create do not.

Zargo1z
07-17-2010, 07:45 AM
^^^^^^ what that guy said

I've tried making one with live , gmail, gmxmail. yahoo. bigsting does not matter what company i try not a single one is reciveing a activation email. please activate

forum user: vickie1z
email: vickie1z@yahoo.com

nothing i try is working.

mechagrover
07-17-2010, 10:05 AM
I tried using a dozen or so emails and it finally got sent to a gmail account which I had tried several times before. In total it took over 30 attempts before one went through.