PDA

View Full Version : GM & No Drop Items

blindaviator
07-12-2010, 10:43 PM
I am trying to figure out how to make it so GM level toons can bypass the NO DROP & NO TRADE limitations?

I would like to be able to summon an item and hand it off to a Bot or another player even if it has the no drop flag but still maintain the no drop limitation for everyone else...

I have searched through the forums but I didn't see any questions on this subject...

Anyone can tell me what is required to accomplish it and if it is possible??

trevius
07-12-2010, 11:45 PM
You can't trade a no drop item to a player no matter if you are GM or not. You can use the #giveitem (#gi for short) to give no drop items to players. I think bot commands work the same way. Though, as a GM, you are allowed to add no drop loot to an NPC by trading to them.

blindaviator
07-13-2010, 12:14 AM
You can't trade a no drop item to a player no matter if you are GM or not. You can use the #giveitem (#gi for short) to give no drop items to players. I think bot commands work the same way. Though, as a GM, you are allowed to add no drop loot to an NPC by trading to them.

Well I was a guide on live for about 4 years and I watched GM's give no drop items to players many times (item replacements) so I know it is at least possible on live...

Maybe someday we will figure out how to do it here also??

Thx for the reply... I will deal with it and continue foreward...

Caryatis
07-13-2010, 12:17 AM
you picked a very fitting forum handle...

trevius
07-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Now that I think about it again, maybe the trade to players isn't working due to how we handle the packets. Maybe it is possible to change that so GMs could trade no drop items to players. I am pretty sure dropping a no drop item is restricted by the client, but maybe trading them is a possibility if the packet handling was adjusted. Would have to see if the client sends a trade request packet when trying to trade a no drop item or not. If they don't send a trade request, then no, it is restricted by the client and they couldn't have done it that way on Live either. But, if a traderequest is sent from the client, then we could definitely allow the trade to happen. Not that it is something I would plan to add anytime, given that the simple command to do it already exists.

I was also a guide on Live for about a year, and we didn't have any kind of item summoning or no drop trading abilities. I am not sure how you could watch a GM trade an item with a player unless you were the player that was being traded to.

steve
07-14-2010, 05:46 PM
The GM client ignores no drop/trade tags and lets them trade anyway. I'm 99% sure that it's our client that prevents dropping or trading these to other people, along with a serverside check.

You used to be able to get around it on Live with MQ in the old days, as it would trick the client into letting you trade no drop items and the server didn't do any checking. No longer the case.

Rogean
07-14-2010, 06:13 PM
GM's use a seperate client on live that allows them to do it. This client does not.

The only workaround that we use on P99 is to flag GM's logging in that they're on a firiona vie type server, causing the client to apply the fvnodrop flag to items instead of the regular nodrop flag.

steve
07-14-2010, 10:23 PM
The only workaround that we use on P99 is to flag GM's logging in that they're on a firiona vie type server, causing the client to apply the fvnodrop flag to items instead of the regular nodrop flag.

Genius, hopefully someone can implement that into the standard codebase!

bufferofnewbies
07-15-2010, 12:41 AM

What genius came up with that idea? :wink:

Rogean
07-15-2010, 11:45 PM
I did~

World/Client.cpp

Client::SendLogServer()

if (GetAdmin() >= 250) l->unknown000 = 5;