PDA

View Full Version : EQWindows

Massy2k6
07-26-2010, 03:05 AM
Wanted to try out some Duel Boxing but cant figure out how to setup eqwindows. You need to use 'Browse' to find the launcher but it wont let me choose the shortcut were required to use to prevent it logging into the EQ Live servers.

I tried to click on the EQgame.exe from within the Sony folder and figured I could just add patchme to the end of the location address before clicking on Start EQ but an error message pops up which reads:

Cannot start program C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme.

Any ideas? thx.

steve
07-26-2010, 08:33 AM
You probably need quotes surrounding the executable.

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

quetark
07-26-2010, 08:34 AM
In Windows Explorer, right click eqgame.exe and select "Create Shortcut". That will create "eqgame.exe - Shortcut"
Right click on that and select "Properties"
On the Shortcut tab of the property pages, the "Target" box should read ""C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe"" INCLUDING the quotes. Put "patchme" after the quotes, separated by a space. It needs the quotes because of the space in "Program Files".
Then move that file to wherever you want it.

Massy2k6
07-27-2010, 09:12 AM
I've already successfully created the shortcut like that quetark but EQwindows wont allow me to choose a shortcut to open EQ, it requires a .exe file. So if I choose EQgame.exe it will try to connect and update to the live servers instead of through the 'patch me-shortcut' right?