PDA

View Full Version : Assist Aggro not working correctly

Brewhaus
08-26-2010, 08:42 PM
So I've read almost every thread in these forums about aggro and didn't see this mentioned and it seems like a pretty big deal to me. Hopefully it is something wrong with my server that can be fixed. :)

Aggro is not working like it does on live. On live there is separate aggro for main aggro and assist agro. If you aggro a mob and another mob assists it, the assisting mob will never aggro other mobs because it only has assist aggro (that is until it hits you or you hit it). So in EQ Live, if you had a room completely packed with mobs, and you pulled one, you would only get that mob and any mob in the near vicinity. That is not the case in EQEmu which causes problems in some close quarter zones (like Mistmoore).

I tested this two ways. The first was I made a line of mobs going from one end of the zone to the other. I then aggro'd the first mob and you could see the chain aggro go all the way down the line.

The second test I did was again with a line of mobs across the zone (lets say a north/south line) but this time I set up a group of mobs on one side of the line (lets say the west side) and I mez'd one mob in the group. As soon as the other mobs near him started running toward me I used #goto to jump to the other side of the line of mobs (east side of zone). The only mob that had actual aggro on me was the mezzed one but when the mobs which should have only had assist aggro crossed the line of mobs, the line of mobs aggro'd me as well.

Is this a known shortcoming in the emulator or is my server somehow set up wrong?

Thanks for the help!

ChaosSlayerZ
08-26-2010, 08:46 PM
to my best memory, when i played life - pre 2005, there always was CHAIN AGRO - you hit mob 1, the mob 2 will assist mob 1, then mob 3 will assist mob 2, etc. Perfectly normal, and yeas thats exactly how one bad pull could pull 20+ mobs at once in places like Karnor or Guk.

Maybe soe changed it later to on to make it easier

Brewhaus
08-26-2010, 09:02 PM
The trains I remembered happened because someone ran to the zone line with a mob with (let's call it) main aggro in tow behind them.

Currently, in the emulator, in mistmoore if you go down the hallway to the south of the ballroom you aggro the entire room because of this. This definitely didn't happen in EQLive. Additionally, if you pull something in the garden you get ~1/2 the mobs in the garden. It was possible to pull 1-2 mobs every pull on live.

I also played eq early on. Beta -> PoP or so and I don't remember the chain aggro but I can't remember what I ate for dinner yesterday so who knows if my memory is correct. It's possible they changed it later in EQ's life.