PDA

View Full Version : need help Searching DB for loot.....

tbrownmn
09-06-2010, 01:20 AM
OK, I'm not sure where this thread belongs but here goes....

I'm looking for an item in my database and I'm having a hard time finding it.

there's a few people editing it and it's kind of like a scavenger hunt....lol

here's what i know.

a while ago someone added a unique item to a mob in the game. it's not a one-off thing it's a permanent drop.

It is a Custom item - no idea what slot or stats are attached to it.

It has a 100% drop rate but i do not know what mob drops it.

I don't know what zone the mob is in.

It's an item no player has found yet.

what would be the best program to show me all the items with 100% drop rates and which mob they drop off.....some filtering ability would be nice, there are five pages in Navicat with 100% drop items lol im trying to avoid #fi on every single entry. there are also over 400 zones to check if i use georges tools and show all items in zone....so im just looking for a faster way to filter my search. any help would be appreciated.

[Edit] Say i figure out the name of the item or the item ID. what tool can i use to find all the mobs that drop that particular item?

blackdragonsdg
09-06-2010, 02:38 AM
Using Navicat and GeorgeS tools you should be able to find anything you want in the database.

If you know the name of the item you can use GeorgeS tools to find the item id or mod then run the following query in Navicat:

select * from items where Name = 'insertnamehere';

The above query will only work if you know the exact name.

Once you have the item id mod and run the following query:

select * from lootdrop_entries where item_id = X;

When you run the above query it will return a list of all loot tables that contain the specified item id. Get a loottable_id from that list and insert it into the following query then run it.

select * from npc_types where loottable_id = Y;

The above query will return information on all npc’s that have the loottable_id that you specified.

tbrownmn
09-06-2010, 03:55 AM
Thank you. that will help.

Do you know how i can browse with specific info to discover the name of the item? most likely the item is only on one loot table...so can i remove items that are in duplicate loot tables? its on one mob, one loot table only.

GeorgeS
09-06-2010, 01:14 PM
Actually it is better to start by running this query

select * from items where source <> '13THFLOOR' order by created desc

That will sort the items by creation date descending order and those originally made by PEQ.
..then you run subqueries by filtering stuff out

My tools create a "CUSTOM" tag, so running this will pull out those items made with my editor by creation date
select * from items where source = 'CUSTOM' order by created desc

GeorgeS

tbrownmn
09-06-2010, 03:13 PM
i tried the created column....most of the items on the server are junk loot that's been overwritten...and that column was not updated.

tbrownmn
09-06-2010, 03:43 PM
i've been trying for the last 13 hours to get peqphpeditor and eqalla clone to work....for whatever reason i just get a blank screen at index.php and i cannot seem to find the solution anywhere. it's installed just fine...might have a problem accessing mysql but i don't know how to test