PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Enter the world after choosing a character

Xelloss_69
09-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone !

i'm new to Eqmulator so i am going to try to explain my situation.

I have installer the Titanium edition of EQ. Followed the rules to be able to play in the servers here but here is my problem as mentionned in the title.

I want to play in the Project 1999 server because some of my friends are in there. I am able to get past the Login screen and into the character select screen. I make my character and push the enter button.After a couple of seconds (more like 30) i get the message : The server is not responding. You have been disconnected. And i get booted back to the login screen.

I think the problem is that I am on a Campus internet connection so some port are blocked (i have to tell them which i would like them to unblock). I know i have the port 5998 and 5999 port unblocked because i can log onto the server. so i would need to know the other port but i don't know if the port are different from the classic everquest or something like that.

I've searched on the forum and couldn't find something relevant to my case. All i could find where people talking about the EQ server side with lot's of technicality that i didn't understood (but i know that World.exe ain't on my side of the court)

I am on Windows 7 64bits, 6Go of Ram, Nvidia GTX 295, Intel i7 930 (posting that if it could be a part of the problem but i've tried running EQ on Xp compatibility AND administrator mode)

Please i would really need your help to play !

p.s : Sorry for my bad english i'm a french canadian but i'm trying my best.

northerntroll
10-07-2010, 11:15 AM
did you manage to get into any of the other servers?

csb4623
10-15-2010, 01:14 PM
you could try unblocking 7000 -9000. that the zone ports and the world.exe port.