PDA

View Full Version : MySQL Error

Reynin89
09-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Hey guys im setting up my server, and ive done this before never got this error. In the command prompt, ive created my db and what not using create database peq;
use peq;

Now once I try to do source peqdb_Rev1589.sql;
I seem to get an error saying it failed to open. that .sql file is in my peqdb folder in my C drive, ive also tried C:\peqdb\peqdb_rev1589.sql; idk im just not sure why im getting this error its all extracted and what not. Thanks in advance!

joligario
09-10-2010, 05:41 PM
It is easiest to start mysql from that directory (peqdb)

Hmm
09-10-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah that way works. Just start mysql in directroy with files you need to source in.

Reynin89
09-10-2010, 11:06 PM
How do I do that? Im going to Start > Run > cmd. How do I start mysql in the peqdb folder? Ive never done that before.

Hmm
09-11-2010, 01:57 AM
Use cd to change directory.

cd / (change to root directory)
cd .. (go to parent folder)
cd <some dir name> (change into that directory)

so on till you are in correct directory.

joligario
09-11-2010, 06:53 AM
Start -> Run -> cmd
cd \peqdb
mysql -u(username) -p(password) peq

It might tell you that it can't find mysql. If that is the case, you can add it to your environment variables TEMPORARILY by typing set path=%path%;c:\(path to the mysql\bin) and then try running mysql again

Reynin89
09-11-2010, 11:41 AM
Ah great I got that ty all. Now I keep getting this same frustrating perl error saying entry point not found. So far I have done these steps.

Removed Perl and all perl files off my PC. Reboot. Reinstall. Reboot. instal the cmd commands for perl. reboot.

Still nothing, have done this 4 or 5 times now still saying entry point not found im so lost ANY help? I keep reading posts on this but nothing is doing the trick im at a loss because I just re formatted this PC the other day for my server so its fresh.

(Using Perl 5.8 the same version I read in 1 of the guides)
(Also have the downloadd perl58.dll and over wrote the old 1 in my perl/bin folder and still nothing)