PDA

View Full Version : Please! Help!

Reynin89
09-13-2010, 02:27 AM
I have my server running fine and my buddy out of state can log into it. However when I click to play on my server, it finishes loading and instead of going to character select screen, it boots me back to login screen.

eqemu.config.xml
<server>
<world>
<key>randomnessftw</key>
<shortname>Teh Pwnage</shortname>
<longname>testness ftw</longname>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. (read: You don't) -->
<address>68.37.10.242</address>
<localaddress>192.168.1.100</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. Defaults shown -->
<loginserver>
<host>eqemulator.net</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. Defaults shown -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>***</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

<address>68.37.10.242</address>
<localaddress>192.168.1.100</localaddress>
^^^^^^^^^^
I keep changing that bottom 1, to every address imagineable i can think of, even tried just localhost, and it wont work. does the same thing. and if i change the top address, my server wont show up.

Someone please help me so I can play. Thanks in advance.

Reynin89
09-13-2010, 03:25 AM
Could sum1 please help me with this so I can log on to my own server >_< heh thanks.

Capheus
09-13-2010, 08:30 AM
If your friend can login and you can't, your eqemu_config file is setup correctly. The address and local address you keep wanting to change isn't going to do anything to help your cause.

I see you have setup a public server on eqemulator.net port 5998. Check your eqhost.txt file in your eq directory. It should read as:

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

Check your logs to see if they indicate why you are getting booted.
Are you able to play on other servers?

Reynin89
09-13-2010, 10:36 AM
I cant play on any server. My eqhost is exactly like that I just changed it. Now it just says loading please wait after i type in my info, and does nothing. Any other ideas why this wouldnt be working? Nothing in logs.

Astal
09-13-2010, 11:32 AM
If your using SoD the port should be 5999