PDA

View Full Version : There is a problem with your character (?)

IronGut
09-17-2010, 10:17 PM
Hey All!

I'm really excited to back in EQ!

I loaded everything per the install program, and everything went great, except for the velious load screen between servers and chars was cut off on the right side, annnnnnd this:

I made my char (named Irongut), and it gave me an error that said:

There is a problem with your character.
Please contact Tech Support

[Button Labeled "Ok"]

Upon pressing Ok, it sends you to the legit EQ website, and wants me to log in...

Any suggestions? (I was logged into the Classic 1999 - Classic Legit PVE Progression server

<<EDIT>> May have solved my own problem. Before creating my account name on the LS login thing, step 3 or 4 i think, i did press the eqgame.exe which was installed on my desktop originally. Is that something that is fucking me up, even though I can see the right progression servers and all that? I made a second char (ranger this time) and it booted me to login screen while black (the FAQ gave a list of possible problems, and the only one that could've done it was the attempt at running EQ prior to making a login, but It just doesnt seem possible that it messed it up...inform me otherwise if im wrong... thanks!)

Thanks a lot!

Additionally, if you'd like to call me, send me a message/email and I'll provide you with my # if it's easier said over the phone.

Thanks so much!

-Gut

Secrets
09-18-2010, 01:19 AM
Are you using SoF or SoD? They aren't officially supported on P1999. You'll need to use titanium.