PDA

View Full Version : cannot get set up to play EMU

winz
02-22-2011, 01:59 PM
I have 32bit computer running winXP with "Nvidia Geforce 6600". Installed eq titanium and this seemed to go just fine.

Every time I start up EQ I get a black screen, an error, then I click OK and it shuts down. I cannot get to the log in screen.

This is what I've tried to far. Everything has resulted in errors thus far.

Started by disconnecting the second monitor
changing desktop resolution to 1024x768

in eq OptionsEditor set resolution to 1024x768 and took off high graphics settings

then tried the first 5 reso settings in Optionseditor, starting at 640x480

now I updated my driver. the first time it seemed to fail, after a restart it installed okay.
However, now qhen I start eq it says something about needing to upgrade to version "8185" from my current version "6.14.12.6658"

tried this too...
"Right click on your Everquest icon and go under compatibility mode. There is a checkbox for "runs in 640x480 resolution". "

Then I tried the following with and without the "runs in 640x480 resolution"...

Make a copy of your eqclient.ini then delete what you have under the video mode section and change it to this:

[VideoMode]
Width=1920
Height=1200
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=60
WindowedWidth=1920
WindowedHeight=1200

Any help getting me set up would be very appreciated. thanks.

And now I just set my settings back to a larger resolution (so I can use my computer as normal) and I updated to the newest directx. Still getting an error.

winz
02-22-2011, 11:29 PM
ok well interestingly enough I did a complete uninstall and reinstall and it worked.

I made these changes:
complete uninstall and restart.
fresh install of titanium.
completely disconnected second monitor.
set resolution to 1024x7?? BEFORE started eq.