PDA

View Full Version : Multiple client compatibility?

Tossica
04-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Greetings, all!

I have a working private windows server. I can login with my copy of Titanium, I can edit the opcodes file and login with my copy of Underfoot. Is there a way to make the Minilogin server compatible with both clients or is it a "one of the other" type thing?

trevius
04-19-2011, 11:26 PM
I dunno much about minilogin other than it mostly just sucks. I know that doesn't answer your question, but I think the answer would be no anyway. You can use the EQEmuLoginServer instead which supports all client versions easy enough.

Tossica
04-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Thanks, Trevius!

That's what I'll end up doing I guess.

Tossica
04-22-2011, 05:15 PM
So... my next question. I have a working server that I don't really want to do all over again. Is there a way to switch to EQEmuloginServer without having to gut everything and start over? I searched the forums and found some other people trying to transition from MiniLogin but no clear path to do so.

Thanks in advance!

blackdragonsdg
04-22-2011, 05:54 PM
So... my next question. I have a working server that I don't really want to do all over again. Is there a way to switch to EQEmuloginServer without having to gut everything and start over? I searched the forums and found some other people trying to transition from MiniLogin but no clear path to do so.

Thanks in advance!

The short answer is yes you can transition from minilogin to EQEmuloginServer without starting over.
Since you already have a functioning server the transition should be fairly easy. Be sure to backup your database and your current emulator config files before you start changing things. Huppy wrote a guide on setting up a private server which can be found here: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32293
That guide is based on starting from scratch so be sure to read through it before making changes. After reading through it you should have a fairly good idea where you need to start at.
One small but important change you will need to make is reversing a change you made when setting up minilogin. In the variables table you must set the LoginType to Public. Using the following sql will accomplish that.
update variables set value = 'Public' where varname = 'LoginType';

Good luck with your server.